🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How getting a job with no experience in the f...
Page options
nicco174
Community Member

How getting a job with no experience in the field (but a lot of studying)?

Hi everybody, 

I am new on Upwork. I signed up on Upwork because I've studied translation at University and I am trying to get started my career as a freelancer. Are there any tips I should follow to get some jobs on here although I have little experience? Except for the wages, obviously, since I would build up my first experience for free. Thank you for your replies. 

2 REPLIES 2
kat303
Community Member

With a statement like this in your profile...The wages aren't important at this stage of my career,

Get ready for the slaughter little minnow, the sharks are circling. 

I am only looking for someone who can trust my skills and give me some positive reviews. 

You might? get those positive reviews, ONLY after you've done MONTHS of endless revisions and edits.WAY above and beyond the scope of work that should have only take a day or so to complete.Most likely the client will not give you a review at all or give you a negative feedback because you stopped doing all that "scope creep" work. 

Get rid of those sentences. 

nicco174
Community Member

Thank you for your reply, I eliminated those sentences. I had just added actually after realizing no clients accepted any of my offers. It was just a sort fo desperate attempt. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths