🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How i can get a project or a job?
Page options
ghaffar_basheer
Community Member

How i can get a project or a job?

Hello!

I am trying to get a job but have not found any job yet.  What should i do to get a job.  Should i wait for it? Should i offer free services? Any suggestion

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lalicarsen
Community Member

There is no need to offer free services, you need just to apply for jobs that are popping up in your feed and be patient, it takes time to score the first job. It helps to have your profile complete with your work history and portfolio so the clients can easily see what are your abilities and would you match their project.

Tip: you can lower your rate a bit so you can score your first job and gain some positive reviews.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lalicarsen
Community Member

There is no need to offer free services, you need just to apply for jobs that are popping up in your feed and be patient, it takes time to score the first job. It helps to have your profile complete with your work history and portfolio so the clients can easily see what are your abilities and would you match their project.

Tip: you can lower your rate a bit so you can score your first job and gain some positive reviews.

Okay, i will wait for a job. Thanks for advising me.
ghaffar_basheer
Community Member

Hi!

You are right. My case is different. I have done more than 10 projects but now i am not getting any job. I was not using my account for many years properly and now i am trying to use it properly but not getting any response. Clients neither hire me nor reply me.  It is frastrating me.  I have tried this option of low price rate, however i am not getting a chance to show my worth in the freelancing market . 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths