cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do clients usually take to pay?

Highlighted
Ringkhang B Member Since: Dec 24, 2016
31 of 37

i have learnt the lesson the hard way. wasted my time.

Highlighted
Ringkhang B Member Since: Dec 24, 2016
32 of 37

I have again been cheated .  Won't upwork take any actions against thise frauds. They ruined my Christmas. 

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
33 of 37
This widget could not be displayed.

@Ringkhang B wrote:

I have again been cheated .  Won't upwork take any actions against thise frauds. They ruined my Christmas. 

You have worked without any contract on Upwork several times. So, please stop complaining! Report those scammers to Upwork's customer service. However, I doubt that they have used their real names.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
34 of 37

Hi Ringkhang,

I moved you post to this thread started recently by a freelancer who made the same mistake and started working before they were officially hired on Upwork. Please have a look at the information and review the resources I've shared with them before you continue bidding on other job posts.

Let us know if you have any questions.

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Lewis,

I see you communicated with one client on Skype and delivered the work to another in Messages. You can ask these clients to award you their job, so they will be able to process the payment. Please note that this isn't the standard procedure, and you should definitely not do any work until you've been awarded the job, which would show in your "My Jobs" tab. 

If you go to Find Work > Proposals you will be able to check whether any of your proposals were accepted. Proposals you see in the "Active Candidacies" section have been accepted and the client would like to discuss the job further or have an interview with you, but that doesn't mean the job is awarded to you.

If your client needs further assistance, please ask them to contact our Customer Support team and we'll guide them through the process.

In order to learn how the platform works and how payments are processed on Upwork, please review these resources before submitting new proposals.

Highlighted
Lewis W Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
35 of 37
Since actually submitting a paper one client has not only stopped communicating but has actually rejected me for the job which has already been produced.
Whilst I accept it's a lesson learned from my behalf I just hope that these sorts of clients are banned from thos platform to stop it from happening to other people.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
36 of 37

@Lewis W wrote:

Whilst I accept it's a lesson learned from my behalf I just hope that these sorts of clients are banned from thos platform to stop it from happening to other people.

It will stop happening when freelancers take just a modicum of care and bother figuring out what the hell they are doing before jumping in with both feet and their eyes firmly closed....

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
37 of 37

Lewis, you can report them, but like Petra said you really need to educate yourself on the system before continuing. Stop providing work for free.

Also, a couple of tips for your profile:

1) You need to remove the link to your personal website, which contains ways to contact you (social media links) in the footer and header. That could be construed as an invite to circumvention and is against the ToS. Remove the links before you get suspended.

2) Like Preston already said, your profile photo from your graduation clearly shows how young you are. Because you already look fairly young, some US clients (like Preston) are going to assume that's a high school graduation photo not a university graduation photo. You should change your photo to a more professional photo that doesn't highlight your youth.