🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How long should I wait when submitting a prop...
Page options
creative_v7
Community Member

How long should I wait when submitting a proposal?

Hello!

I am new to Upwork. I submitted my first proposal yesterday and I still haven't got a reply from the client. Do you think I should just submit a new proposal to a different job today? I don't feel like waiting. Could you please tell me if what should I do in case a client replies and I already have a different project? Can I reject the job?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vesela,

You`re more than welcomed to send as many proposals as you would like. 

If a client accepts your proposal a message room will be created for you and the client. Here you will be able to communicate further and discuss the project/tasks. 
Declining an offer (job) will not affect your profile in any way as well. To learn more about getting started on Upwork check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Vesela Z wrote:

Hello!

I am new to Upwork. I submitted my first proposal yesterday and I still haven't got a reply from the client. Do you think I should just submit a new proposal to a different job today? I don't feel like waiting. Could you please tell me if what should I do in case a client replies and I already have a different project? Can I reject the job?

Thanks

Don't worry about this stuff. Never wait on a potential client to respond, not even for a second. Move on to the next proposal. If you find yourself so swamped with work that you have to decline offers, good for you. But this is an uphill battle and a very small percentage of freelancers ever reach that stage. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths