🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How long to get hired?
Page options
smkiger
Community Member

How long to get hired?

I have submitted 19 proposals in 24 hours I am qualified for. Not one hire.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Michael K wrote:

You need a portfolio. Visuals will catch a potential client's attention - if your proposal letter was any good and he ventured to your profile, that is. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Michael K wrote:

You need a portfolio. Visuals will catch a potential client's attention - if your proposal letter was any good and he ventured to your profile, that is. 

Don't I need some jobs from Upwork to have a portfolio? 

I will look at the profile options again. I do have about ten websites I have developed I could refer to in a portfolio.

Michael K wrote:

Don't I need some jobs from Upwork to have a portfolio? 

I will look at the profile options again. I do have about ten websites I have developed I could refer to in a portfolio.

Your portfolio does not have to be from upwork jobs, just make sure you have the rights to it or the permission of the owner to publish and it does not contain your contact information. 

Thank you! 

Thank you for the suggestion to create a portfolio in my Upwork profile. I was so focused on submitting proposals I overlooked it. I had in mind that it was a 'portfolio' of Upwork jobs completed.

The portfolio system arranged screenshots of my work with WordPress blog websites, networked and generating ornanic website traffic.

Thanks again for your helpful response.

Michael K wrote:

Thank you! 

Thank you for the suggestion to create a portfolio in my Upwork profile. I was so focused on submitting proposals I overlooked it. I had in mind that it was a 'portfolio' of Upwork jobs completed.

The portfolio system arranged screenshots of my work with WordPress blog websites, networked and generating ornanic website traffic.

Thanks again for your helpful response.

Very welcome!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths