🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How long would it take to first order?
Page options
sushantachy84
Community Member

How long would it take to first order?

Hi 

Hope you are doing fine. I know my Message Subject is one of the most asked ones in Upwork. Still, it's for peace of my mind. I am a part of Upwork from 29/03/2021. pretty new I am. My profile is 100% complete and I have added projects, certificates, work history as well. However, within this short time, I have sent 39 proposals. But no glimpse of hope at all. Even not a single message from a client. It's a little bit disappointing, though I know I should not be but still. 

Now, could I please request you to have a look at my profile & deliver me some expert opinion E.g., the kind of amendment required in my profile before it's too late. I would appreciate your effort. Please take care of yourself.

Thanks & Regards

Sushanta Choudhury

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sushanta, 

Welcome to Upwork and the Upwork Community! I understand why not being able to land projects may be a concern. Don't worry! A lot of top freelancers here in the Community have shared that it took them around six to eight months before they had their first contract on Upwork. 

While competition is tough, you may want to check this great topic in our Resource Center to help you get started, and work towards a successful start on Upwork:

Also, I would recommend that you check out these topics to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

I hope this helps! Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
kabirbd66
Community Member

Thanks, Avery O.

I'm also new to Upwork. I'm a little bit frustrated about not getting the order. Though there is some knock in msg I can't convert them. Hopefully, your suggestion and some practice work this time. Thanks again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths