🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How many connects should i bid?
Page options
riazshah90
Community Member

How many connects should i bid?

Hello! My name's Riaz and I'm new to Upwork, especially the Connects part.

I've been applying to multiple jobs and I know my cover letter and attachments are good to go but I just can't seem to get it with the Connects part. I've been bidding minimum Connects, sometimes 2, sometimes 4 or 6 but I never win anything. Is there a guide to it? Shoudl I be bidding all my conects maybe 30 or 60 or 80 per project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
elisa_b
Community Member

But your profile is not good to go - have you taken the Academy courses? There is lots of room for optimisation and you might discover also how to write a good cover letter.

You shouldn't bid a single more connect before studying thoroughly the educational resources. You won't be hired now, even if you'd bid 200 of them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
elisa_b
Community Member

But your profile is not good to go - have you taken the Academy courses? There is lots of room for optimisation and you might discover also how to write a good cover letter.

You shouldn't bid a single more connect before studying thoroughly the educational resources. You won't be hired now, even if you'd bid 200 of them.

I see, I didn't know there's an Academy course. Will definitely get through all of it first.

And yup, you're right about the 200 connects part, i've burnt about 80 already. I wish Upwork will put an indication for that, I didn't know anything about it, feeling quite lost since I'm new. I never knew there's an academy, never knew I shouldn't spend on connects, and now I'm worried what else is there that I should know of before proceeding.

Sorry for the late reply, new to the community, i only found out after I received an email from Upwork saying I have a pennding answer to my question.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths