🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How many more jobs will I have to land before...
Page options
dudewhodesigns
Community Member

How many more jobs will I have to land before clients are the ones who reach out to me?

Hello community, I started on upwork 20 days ago. I used cold ways to find the clients and was able to land 6 jobs with 5 star ratings. I am curious if clients will now be able to find me and I dont have to reach them always? Because it is double amount of work and has been very hard on me.

I had 13 views past week. I dont have uploaded my portfolio on my profile. Are these views mine because I also visit my profile alot? Or are these from INDIVIDUAL* people? How many more jobs will I have to land until clients reach out to me?

1 REPLY 1
sjbercot
Community Member

When you say "cold ways", you mean applying to their job posts with a proposal?

You've got a great start and are doing better than a lot of new freelancers, but you will probably always have to seek out jobs in between projects. If your clients are happy, they'll start coming back, too. You eventually start to get invitations, but you can't rely on these, they don't happen regularly and are often not the best prospects. Even very successful freelancers on here apply to at least a few to several jobs a week (and often aren't hired) depending on how busy they are, so you can probably assume your experience will be the same. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths