🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How much connects in Plus membership are real...
Page options
geupper
Community Member

How much connects in Plus membership are really worth?

Hello! I'm considering on applying for the Plus memberhsip, there's something preventing me from it though.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Using-Connects

This link states that connects are 0.15 USD each. But on some other sources, it states that they're $1 each. What's the real price of connects?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jorge,

Please, visit your Membership & Connects page in “Settings” and scroll to the section that reads “Membership Connects.” If you are on our basic, free membership plan and have been moved to paid Connects, this will say “0 Connects per month.” In that case, Connects have a monetary value of $0.15 each.

If you haven’t been moved to paid Connects yet it will say “60 Connects per month.” 

You can view FAQs about paid Connects and a video explaining the change from our Head of Product, here.

This change started to take effect in May. We anticipate paid Connects will be in place for all freelancers by the end of June. Because this is a big change, we’re rolling it out over several weeks to help ensure a smooth transition.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jorge G wrote:

Hello! I'm considering on applying for the Plus memberhsip, there's something preventing me from it though.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Using-Connects

This link states that connects are 0.15 USD each. But on some other sources, it states that they're $1 each. What's the real price of connects?

They used to be $1 if you bought them with the plus membership, now there are no free ones any longer and all cost $0,15. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jorge,

Please, visit your Membership & Connects page in “Settings” and scroll to the section that reads “Membership Connects.” If you are on our basic, free membership plan and have been moved to paid Connects, this will say “0 Connects per month.” In that case, Connects have a monetary value of $0.15 each.

If you haven’t been moved to paid Connects yet it will say “60 Connects per month.” 

You can view FAQs about paid Connects and a video explaining the change from our Head of Product, here.

This change started to take effect in May. We anticipate paid Connects will be in place for all freelancers by the end of June. Because this is a big change, we’re rolling it out over several weeks to help ensure a smooth transition.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
geupper
Community Member

I bought the Plus membership but it keeps telling me the connects cost $1 each.

geupper
Community Member

Sorry, I didn't read the link you sent me. So during this month the prices of the connects will change from $1 each to 0.15?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jorge, 

You may refer to the changes in connects by referring to this blog postresource page, these announcements in the Community here, and here, and town hall, which you can access the recording here

To explain, when you move to the paid Connects, connects will not be sold individually. B
undles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths