🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How much to charge in translation?
Page options
andrea_caicedo
Community Member

How much to charge in translation?

Hi there Guys,

I am new to Upwork. I am currently studiyng a Master degree in Dubbing, Translation and subtitling but wanted to give it a shot in the freelancing world for translations, so I am pretty lost on how much shall i start charging and also would like some tips for sending proposals to the clients, thanks a lot.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bergantinosigna
Community Member

Hi andrea! 

I'm a Spanish Translator as well, and I charge between $6-12/h (I aim to $10/h). Always it depends on the client and the task.
At first, you won't get jobs easily, so be prepared to be flexible. I recommend you to write specific proposals, and avoid copying and pasting the same proposal.. 

Learn from your mistakes, and from other's mistakes (Reading the forum is a great idea. You can see how other people face situations you might have in the future) . That's my main advice to you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bergantinosigna
Community Member

Hi andrea! 

I'm a Spanish Translator as well, and I charge between $6-12/h (I aim to $10/h). Always it depends on the client and the task.
At first, you won't get jobs easily, so be prepared to be flexible. I recommend you to write specific proposals, and avoid copying and pasting the same proposal.. 

Learn from your mistakes, and from other's mistakes (Reading the forum is a great idea. You can see how other people face situations you might have in the future) . That's my main advice to you. 

Great, Thank you Ignacio for the advice!! Smiley Very Happy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths