🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How the Agency JSS is calculated?
Page options
julia-g
Community Member

How the Agency JSS is calculated?

Hello,

There's the agency of 5 freelancers and 1 owner. I'm confused how the overall agency JSS is calculated.  Is the agency's JSS impacted by all freelancers'JSSs? Do all freelancers have to have completed projects?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
dataextract
Community Member

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006282028-Agency-Job-Success-Score

Is the Job Success Score (JSS) calculated differently for agencies?

The score is calculated using the same formula for agencies. But instead of contracts of just one freelancer, they look at all contracts of the agency's exclusive and non-exclusive agency contractors, ensuring that agencies and agency members have one consistent score.

The agency owner and all exclusive agency freelancers who have enough contracts to qualify for a JSS will see their agency score listed on their profile. Agency owners are responsible for the all work of their agencies and agency freelancers, so their profiles reflect the collective JSS of their agencies rather than their own account ratings.

If I remove an Exclusive Agency Contractor will that affect my Job Success Score?

Your agency's score will not automatically change when an exclusive agency contractor leaves your team. The Upwork system takes snapshots of your six, 12 and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these rolling windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks. Once this freelancer's work falls out of the best time window, it will no longer be reflected in the agency's score. Similarly, adding freelancers with high scores may not automatically increase your agency's score because only contracts done for the agency will count towards your score.

Hi Ramesh,

Yes, I've read this posting, it's quite useful, thank you. 

So all in all, all freelancers must have completed projects so that an agency can get its JSS, correct?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, Julia. The freelancers under the agency will have to complete contracts under the agency account, and get feedback from the clients for the agency to have a Job Success Score. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths