🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How the contract thing is supposed to work wi...
Page options
dsmgdesign
Community Member

How the contract thing is supposed to work with new clients

I have a client who has asked me to start giving him some ideas and it seems to be turning into the concept phase..I have sent him some files with my ideas and he's now giving me feedback. But I have not yet been awarded the job. It still says that I'm an active candidate. How should this work? I have done work for only one client previously and that quickly moved from active candidate to appearing in my jobs as a contract. How do I ask the client to move me from an active candidate to one of my jobs so I can start getting paid for the concept work. Please don't tell me to report him, or to move on, or whatever. I want to work with him on a paid basis, just not sure how to get there.  I'm sure it must be a misunderstanding, he told me he wanted to work with me and he sent me all his info so I could get started. perhaps he thinks it has moved to one of my jobs so I can be paid, but it hasn't yet. 

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

@David S M wrote:

I have a client who has asked me to start giving him some ideas and it seems to be turning into the concept phase..I have sent him some files with my ideas and he's now giving me feedback. But I have not yet been awarded the job. It still says that I'm an active candidate. k?

Tell the client that you're looking forward to working with him as soon as he hires you on the discussed basis (hourly, so you can track your time, or with fully funded fixed rate milestone(s) )

Is the client's payment method verified?

All the client has to do is hire you from the open candidacy or they can go to your profile and hit the Hire Now button.

hire now.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths