🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to Change my Profile Name - Signed up usi...
Page options
5ab7c7da
Community Member

How to Change my Profile Name - Signed up using Gmail

Hi, 

I used Google to Signup and its used the last name I have there. I need to update it but cannot seem to find the settings do so. Contact Info, Profile Settings, and My Profile all do not have the field to edit my name. Any help with the same is much appreciated. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Dheeraj,

You should be able to change your name by going to Settings > Contact Info. You can read more about Editing your Account Information here. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
5ab7c7da
Community Member

Hi Andrea, thanks for your response!

Wasn't able to access those settings to change my profile name till after I had created a password (used Gmail to signup).

I've been able to raise a change request which is 'under review' and would take 48 hours.

I've also been prompted to earn an ID-verified Badge by uploading a government-issued ID and sending visual verification too.

Do I wait till the name has changed before I upload my ID, as the last names would be different?

Hi Dheeraj,

I checked your account, and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. Regarding completing the ID verification process, please do make sure the complete it as soon as you are able to. On the email, it is noted that you need to complete it within the allocated number of days. Please check your ticket number: 30675972. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths