🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to Set up Escrow account
Page options
mpc_isla
Community Member

How to Set up Escrow account

Hi! I am new here and I just accepted a job offer but with fixed price. Offer said that the first milestone has already been funded. I am not really sure how Escrow payments work. Should I sign up for an account in Escrow first? What do I do next? Got confused with the instructions so somebody might be able to explain how to go about it step by step. Please help! I already started with the job. 

Thank you so much!

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't "sign up for an escrow account."

Clients fund an escrow payment.

When a client sets up a milestone, she can choose an amount to "fund escrow" for.

That is the amount of money her credit card is charged immediately. That money is set aside in an escrow account which basically means it no longer belongs to the client, but it doesn't belong to you either. It essentially belongs to Upwork.

When you do the work you agreed to do, then the client can click a button that releases the escrow money to you.

If the client disappears and never responds to you when you submit the work, then Upwork automatically releases the escrow money to YOU after 14 days.

Hello, 

After having relased the amount from escrow (by client) my earnings still don't reflect the paid amount - after a day. Is there something more to this than I know?

hi. i am new too. How does Upwork releases the money from escrow to your account? Do you need to provide your bank account to Upwork? 

thanks

susan

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that for Fixed-Price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link next to the funded milestone on the contract details page in order to share work with their client and at the same moment request payment. Once you submit work and request payment, the client will have 14 days to review it and either approve or request changes. If they take no action in 14 days, the funds in Escrow will be released to you. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection.
Additionally, feel free to check this help article for more information about getting paid for Fixed prices contracts.

Let us know if you have further questions. 
~ Nikola
Upwork

Susan M wrote:

Do you need to provide your bank account to Upwork?

Yes. you will need to provide banking informations to receive your payments.

Since you are new and there are a lot of things to understand before getting started on the marketplace, here is a link to start from:

Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

versailles
Community Member

@Miriam Priscilla I wrote:

Hi! I am new here and I just accepted a job offer but with fixed price. Offer said that the first milestone has already been funded. I am not really sure how Escrow payments work. Should I sign up for an account in Escrow first? What do I do next? Got confused with the instructions so somebody might be able to explain how to go about it step by step. Please help! I already started with the job. 

Thank you so much!

Access Your Earnings

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
saifalisanjli
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**  did not paty 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I was not paid USD 2000 as promised by **Edited for Community Guidelines** even after 3 days of submitting work. they are demanding 4,250 INR to be transferred to their account for release of fundsdespite giving them all bank details

Hi Saif,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths