cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Set up Escrow account

mpc_isla
Miriam Priscilla I Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
1 of 4

Hi! I am new here and I just accepted a job offer but with fixed price. Offer said that the first milestone has already been funded. I am not really sure how Escrow payments work. Should I sign up for an account in Escrow first? What do I do next? Got confused with the instructions so somebody might be able to explain how to go about it step by step. Please help! I already started with the job. 

Thank you so much!

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

You don't "sign up for an escrow account."

Clients fund an escrow payment.

When a client sets up a milestone, she can choose an amount to "fund escrow" for.

That is the amount of money her credit card is charged immediately. That money is set aside in an escrow account which basically means it no longer belongs to the client, but it doesn't belong to you either. It essentially belongs to Upwork.

When you do the work you agreed to do, then the client can click a button that releases the escrow money to you.

If the client disappears and never responds to you when you submit the work, then Upwork automatically releases the escrow money to YOU after 14 days.

astralmaster1
George A Member Since: Feb 22, 2017
3 of 4

Hello, 

After having relased the amount from escrow (by client) my earnings still don't reflect the paid amount - after a day. Is there something more to this than I know?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 4

@Miriam Priscilla I wrote:

Hi! I am new here and I just accepted a job offer but with fixed price. Offer said that the first milestone has already been funded. I am not really sure how Escrow payments work. Should I sign up for an account in Escrow first? What do I do next? Got confused with the instructions so somebody might be able to explain how to go about it step by step. Please help! I already started with the job. 

Thank you so much!

Access Your Earnings

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless