🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to Start
Page options
de6075c5
Community Member

How to Start

Hi,

Mi name is Mirko, I am the co-founder of a software development firm in Italy.
Last year we decided to land on upwork to understand how it works and to improve our customer basis, especially on quality.

We made some proposals but we never get any response, our profile shows some portfolio examples and a brief description of our company.

Do you have any advice?

6 REPLIES 6
df602768
Community Member

Hello Mirko,

There's countless information online on how to succeed on the platform. Above all, it needs hard work and highly personalized proposals. 

Do take a look at Upwork's academy, too (https://community.upwork.com/t5/Academy/ct-p/Academy). 

elisa_b
Community Member

Hi Mirko, the overview of your company is too short and focused only on what "you do". It is vital to state clearly what "you can do for clients" instead. Potential clients are basically people with a problem to solve or a need to be addressed, and your company must be effective in communicating its solutions. 

The same goes for your proposals: they should be focused on the client and their needs.

You can also add more portfolio examples. Don't give up!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Your main profile and specialized profile should never have the same text, since they should be about different skills. If I were a client, that would turn me off big time. 

Hi Martina, you right! I created the specialized profile by mistake and I am not able to delete it.

Yep, you are stuck with it, so you need to make the best of it. 

de6075c5
Community Member

Thank you for your help, I will try to improve the company profile and my proposals.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths