🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to Win First Job
Page options
usmanqureshi11
Community Member

How to Win First Job

Hello i'm newbie on upwork im a Motion graphics Designer.

i cannot win a Single Job 

Can any one guide me pro tips to get Job ??

here Is my sample work 01_0033.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shohel121
Community Member

Hi Usman,

Welcome!

I have just seen your profile and I feel there are many ways to improve it. As a new freelancer, you should have a really professional profile. I would like to suggest the following:

• Craft your profile title more professionally with an appealing tone.
  • Write the overview detailing your skills and describing how can you help the clients' projects with your skillset. [Avoid grammatical mistakes!]
  • Add some portfolios of your work.
  • Pass some related Upwork tests with good score. For a newbie, this works well. 

And,

• Apply to the jobs that match your skills.
  • Highlight your efficiency in the cover letter based on the job description. 

Best of luck!

Shohel

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
shohel121
Community Member

Hi Usman,

Welcome!

I have just seen your profile and I feel there are many ways to improve it. As a new freelancer, you should have a really professional profile. I would like to suggest the following:

• Craft your profile title more professionally with an appealing tone.
  • Write the overview detailing your skills and describing how can you help the clients' projects with your skillset. [Avoid grammatical mistakes!]
  • Add some portfolios of your work.
  • Pass some related Upwork tests with good score. For a newbie, this works well. 

And,

• Apply to the jobs that match your skills.
  • Highlight your efficiency in the cover letter based on the job description. 

Best of luck!

Shohel

Hello AHS SHOHEL,

Can you please check my profile too? I have got my first order within sending couple of proposal but I want my expert to check my profile so that I can still make it better.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Usman and Yaqoob,

In addition to Martina, Lila and AHS' awesome tips, you may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Hello!!,

Could check my profile please as after sending a lot of proposals didn't get the first job.

Very thanks in advance.

Amit Vishwakarma

kindly help me get my first job.

mystudiomke
Community Member

My 'pro' tip - learn to send out winning proposals

Lila

Please help me , i can not get job on upwork

My profile link : 

akbgill
Community Member

A.O.A Usman!

My pro tip which help me wining first job 3 months ago. You need  patient and only maintain the skills in proposal which are client demanding. Make your proposal short in 4 to 5 lines. Just focus on job post and read carefully job before writing proposal & Bid $ Less than client budget .

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Usman Q wrote:

Hello i'm newbie on upwork im a Motion graphics Designer.

i cannot win a Single Job 

Can any one guide me pro tips to get Job ??

here Is my sample work 

A graphic designer without a portfolio will get nowhere, you are wasting your connects. Clients want to see what you can deliver.

If you are "a group" of people, you must be an agency, you are not allowed to do that with a regular freelancer profile. This reference is likely to turn off clients, at least the ones that know the upwork rules. It is the opposite of creating trust. 

Hello,

I'am a new freelancer upwork and I submitted for several proposals but I still don't have my first job. Could you please  take a look on my profile and assist me to improve my profile in order to get my first job?

I will be grateful!

Thank you!

maryamidreee
Community Member

hello,

Everyone, I am a wholesale fba product researcher. I create an account on Upwork last  2 months ago but still, I can't win any single project. Can anyone guide me on how to get a job on Upwork

Hi Maryam,

If you are struggling to get started, we suggest checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork and our Events & Webinars page as well.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
6933e27d
Community Member

Hi Miss Andera,

I am using up work for a long time and watched videos to get my first job. but I didn't give up and Iam waiting for this day to get my first job in the graphic design field. I've shown my profile to many freelancers they said it was good. but I am just asking you please check my profile and give me some advice. 

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths