🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to a make a portfolio on here?
Page options
tsphillips
Community Member

How to a make a portfolio on here?

I am brand new to this service.

I freelance writer. I have my own protfolio website. I was told I could not add an outside url to my profile, but could in the portofilo section. 

But it looks like the portfolio on here is only for jobs that were acquired through Upwork.

How can I share my extensive portfolio of previous writing jobs?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi TS,

You can use your profile overview or portfolio section to include endorsements and testimonials from people you worked with outside of Upwork. Make sure not to share any private or contact information. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you. That is not what I meant. That is not a protfolio and has nothing to do with portfolios. 

But I think I understand now that Upwork does not allow profiolios that offer examples of actual work, or even links to portfolios. I find it a bit odd Upwork even use the term. T

Therefore, I not do expect to find work here as a writer. But will give it a try as I know some website designers who have hired people to do coding etc. through this site.

TS P wrote:

But I think I understand now that Upwork does not allow profiolios that offer examples of actual work, or even links to portfolios. 

That is not true. You can link to a portfolio off of Upwork, and you can also add whatever pieces you like to your Upwork portfolio - it doesn't have to be work that was done for Upwork clients. 

How ? Please can you explain how to do it? Because I have the same problem
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths