🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to achieve first job in Upwork
Page options
bivhab98
Community Member

How to achieve first job in Upwork

Hello

I am a professional article writer and I have completed lots of article writing work for different companies but not worked yet on Upwork. I have joined upwork only a few days ago and I have submitted 10 proposals but did not get any interviews. Is there any problem with my profile and proposals?

I need another help about Upwork job proposals which will help me to get the first job ASAP. Please suggest me for writing a good proposal or send me a sample of the best proposals. My 2 proposal format is included with this thread. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shohel121
Community Member

Hi Bivhab,

Welcome to this arena!

I have just seen your profile and would like to suggest you the following:

• Your profile title may be made more appealing.  
  • Pass some writing and SEO related Upwork tests with good scores. These tests work well for new freelancers to land jobs.
  • Craft your COVER LETTER based on the job description. Please remember, there's no specific format for cover letters. You should show your interests and relate how your skill set can help with the project. Write the first two sentences of your cover letter professionally appealing. 
  • Apply to the jobs that suit most to your skills.

Best of luck!

Shohel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
shohel121
Community Member

Hi Bivhab,

Welcome to this arena!

I have just seen your profile and would like to suggest you the following:

• Your profile title may be made more appealing.  
  • Pass some writing and SEO related Upwork tests with good scores. These tests work well for new freelancers to land jobs.
  • Craft your COVER LETTER based on the job description. Please remember, there's no specific format for cover letters. You should show your interests and relate how your skill set can help with the project. Write the first two sentences of your cover letter professionally appealing. 
  • Apply to the jobs that suit most to your skills.

Best of luck!

Shohel
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bivhab S wrote:

Hello

I am a professional article writer and I have completed lots of article writing work for different companies but not worked yet on Upwork. I have joined upwork only a few days ago and I have submitted 10 proposals but did not get any interviews. Is there any problem with my profile and proposals?

I need another help about Upwork job proposals which will help me to get the first job ASAP. Please suggest me for writing a good proposal or send me a sample of the best proposals. My 2 proposal format is included with this thread. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks

I'm afraid you will not be very happy on upwork. The thing is that there are tens of thousands of freelancers offering the same skills that are your competition, and thousands of those are experienced native speakers with good portfolios, education, and experience. 

It will be almost impossible for a newcomer to break into this niche, especially if she/he is not a native speaker and does not have a good command of the language.

What you could do is offer your skills in your native language. Trying to get work writing in English will only cause you endless frustration. (Your profile and your proposals are testimony to your lack of English skills, they don't serve you well at all.)

Can suggest me what can I do now to get a job on Upwork?

efe69204
Community Member

I need tips on how to write a cover on a more professional way

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths