🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to activate a contract
Page options
04851ff4
Community Member

How to activate a contract

Hello,
I'm new to Upwork and so is my is my client. We've talked in the messaged app and he's happy to push forward.
Now I don't know what the client side of Upwork looks like but I haven't seen a contract pop up on my active contracts yet.
How do my I ask the client to proceed with activating the contract?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Samantha-Jayne C wrote:
Hello,
I'm new to Upwork and so is my is my client. We've talked in the messaged app and he's happy to push forward.
Now I don't know what the client side of Upwork looks like but I haven't seen a contract pop up on my active contracts yet.

You can send the client to this page

You have to then actually accept the offer before a contract is created.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Samantha-Jayne C wrote:
Hello,

You can send the client to this page

You have to then actually accept the offer before a contract is created.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Samantha-Jayne:

I always know that a contract is active and ready to work on by going here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

If a contract is not listed there, then I will not get paid. So I don't do any work.

colettelewis
Community Member

Have a look here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063618-Send-an-Offer

Send it to your client and read it yourself too. Once you get the offer then make sure you read it through and that you and the client are on the same page as  far as payment and deadlines are concerned, and then accept it. This will activate the contract. 

Thanks the fast respond everyone
f5b58c79
Community Member

thank to this information

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths