🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to adjust a Fixed Price and a submitted p...
Page options
zacatbeckhorn
Community Member

How to adjust a Fixed Price and a submitted proposal?

Hello,

I joined Upwork yesterday, and submitted a proposal to a Fixed Price job ($75) where the description was very vague. The client responded to me by asking me a question, and after a chat with him in the Messages tool/menu, he has agreed to hire me at a new ($350) price than the one he originally posted.

Again, his description was vague, and after chatting with him and learning all the details/scope of the project, we both agreed the price should be higher.

What do either one of us need to do (if anything) to change the Fixed Price to the new amount we agreed to and to accept my proposal for that new price?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zac,

In this case, if your client wants to proceed with forming a contract they will be able to edit the details while they`re creating the offer for you. 
If your client is having problems with this or needs help from our end, feel free to reach out to me via PM with their name or job post link. Our team will reach out to them directly and assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran!

So when I go to Find Work >> Proposals (My Proposals) I see that this job is listed under Active proposal.  If the client wishes to form a contract and hire me, what must they do next?

Thanks again,

Zac

Hi Zac,

The client will need to send you an offer, you can share this Guide with your client. Once you accept the offer the contract will be formed and you will be able to start working. 
Is your client new here? If yes, feel free to send me their name or job posting URL via PM (click on my name) and our team will reach out to them to assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths