🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to ask payment after the I've ended the c...
Page options
annipixels17
Community Member

How to ask payment after the I've ended the contract

Hi there.

I'm kinda new (again to Upwork) because the last time I used this was in 2016. And then I was hired for a fixed price job. I have ended the contract since I've finished it and fulfilled the client's requirements. Before there was the "submit to request for payment" option way back 2016 ( correct me if I'm wrong) and now I am confused to what's next?

Shall I just wait for the client to fund/pay the rate after I ended the contract? 

And what will I do also to the other existing contract which I've already finished and haven't ended yet? Please enlighten me.

Thanks.

-Lory Ann

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Lory Ann,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have an hourly contract. For hourly contracts, your client is automatically invoiced for the hours you logged according to the weekly billing cycle. For more information about getting paid for hourly contracts, please check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Lory Ann,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have an hourly contract. For hourly contracts, your client is automatically invoiced for the hours you logged according to the weekly billing cycle. For more information about getting paid for hourly contracts, please check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

And please don't close a contract if there is money pending...

Thanks, Mary. Will do. 🙂

Hi there! I believe this is exactly what I did. I ended the contract to leave positive feedback but the payment is still pending. Will this be an issue?

Hi Sheila,

The 'Pending' section of your Reports page represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability. You can check the date on that page to see when the funds will become available for you. For more information on how Fixed-Price contracts work, you can check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thank you so much 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths