cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to assign contract to your agency freelancers?

ktufail
Kashif T Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
1 of 21

How can I assign a contract won by my agency to an agency freelancer? How does this work? 

Where can I have a complete guide on how agencies work?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 21

Hi Kashif,

As an agency owner or business manager you can send proposals on behalf of your agency freelancers. The client will then send an offer to that freelancer through the agency. You'll also be able to accept of decline offers on behalf of that freelancer. Check out this help article for more information about running agencies.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ktufail
3 of 21

Hi Valerie, 

What if I have won a contract on my agency and now want to assign it to a suitable freelancer? In my case, client simply hired my agency and not a specific freelancer. 

Please advise. 

Thanks. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
4 of 21

Kashif, you won't be able to re-assign a contract for which you have already accepted the offer yourself. You are the freelancer the client has hired for the contract. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
ktufail
5 of 21

So, the client needs to hire the freelancer specifically and the time logged by that freelancer will be agency's earnings. Correct?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
BEST ANSWER
6 of 21

That's correct, Kashif. Once the client hires a freelancer under an agency, the payment for the work done by the freelancer goes to the agency's account. Agency owner is then responsible for paying the freelancer.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

mario88
Mario R Member Since: Nov 24, 2016
7 of 21

Hi Valeria, I do have one question. 

If I'm the owner of an agency and negotiate a price for a project. Will the final price visible to the freelancer? 

Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 21

Hi Mario,

Your team members can see reports about their own work, but can't see their rates on their reports or contracts.
To learn more about managing an agency visit this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork
juju80
Julieta C Member Since: Aug 14, 2018
9 of 21

And How I help a client to make a contract with a specific freelancer? Is there a link I can share or the freelancer? how can I be sure they make the  contract through the agency if I contact freelancer and client?

I just opened the agency and It´s confusing.

Is it possible to have an hourly rate job that all the agency can log and work in ? Or each freelancer needs a contract? This is the main reason why i changed to agency and hope this features are included.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
10 of 21

Hi Julieta,

You can send the link to the freelancer's profile to the client and they can send the direct offer to them. Here is how. If the freelancer is an exclusive member of the agency or has agency set as their default team under Settings> Teams, the contract will be created under the agency once the accept that offer. Business Manager of the agency, will be able to check and manage the contract. However, only the freelancer hired on that specific hourly contract can log time on it. Other users can't directly log into the freelancer's account and log time.

Please, check this help article for more information about how agencies work.

~ Valeria
Upwork