🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to become verified "English: Fluent"
Page options
shihab0915
Community Member

How to become verified "English: Fluent"

frequently I am asking question from the last few days. Could you mind? If not, I want to know that how to be verified “Fluent” in English. By googling I have found two ways: 1. Cambridge certification & 2. Duolingo certification. Are these information correct? if not- then what is the perfect way? Thank you.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Shihab-UI,

Here is the full list of certification that you can add to verify your English level:

• Duolingo Proficiency Exam in English
  • Cambridge English: First (FCE)
  • Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
  • Cambridge English: Business Vantage or Higher
  • IELTS - English Proficiency Exam
  • Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)

You can find more information in Garnor's post here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
petra_r
Community Member

Shihab,  with all due respect, both your profile and your posts on this forum are proof that your English is not anywhere near "fluent!" 

Fluent means ".......complete command of that langue with perfect grammar."

The good news is that in your line of work your English does not  have to be fluent anyway.

So correct it to a more truthful and realistic level and be done with it.

Dear Petra,

First of all I want to give you Thanks for the skim through on my Profile. Its a pleasure to me that a Community Guru has seen my profile and delivered some currections which is helpful to me. I have took your opinion about my english fluency positively. And at the same time, I am correcting the level of fluency. If  you have time , please see my profile once again. -Thank you so much

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Shihab-UI,

Here is the full list of certification that you can add to verify your English level:

~ Valeria
Upwork

How much should I score in IELTS to get verified?

Hi Valeria,

I appeared for IELTS English proficiency test (General) in 2013 and I'm a 7 pointer. Is it still possible to link the test results to upwork? I'm asking this question as it has been four years since I took the test.

Warm Regards,

Kavitha

Thank you, Upwork, for considering my IELTS scores to give me the verified blue badge for English. 🙂

How did you get your badge?

Hi Valeria K

Hope this message finds you in a good health.

I have already provided my IELTS Certification number to upwork team and it has been verified and posted on my profile, but still "Blue Tick Verified" on my English language has not been updated yet. 

I have passed this test also  "English Spelling Test (U.S. Version)

Why there is no tick and what should I do more to get that verified tick on my profile.

Thank You  and Best Regards,

Muhammad **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Dear Valeria!

I appeared for IELTS English proficiency test (Academic) in 2013 and got 7. Is it still possible to link the test results to upwork? 

Kind Regards,

Hanna

Hi Hanna,

Yes it is. I checked your account and I can see that you`ve already submitted your certification. Our team will review it and once the review is completed will reach out to you with more details, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Shihab-UI,

Could you add the Cambridge A Level English exam to this list? It is more popular than all of the current accepted exams combined Smiley Very Happy

Hi Varun,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll share this with the team. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Varun,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll share this with the team. 

Could you also shed some light on why so many freelancers have the verified fluent checkmark after submitting one of these certificates, then comes on this forum and posts a question that is complete word salad because they are not truly fluent? Either these tests are not accurate or there are a heck of a lot of people creating fraudulent certificates here. What is Upwork doing to deal with this fraud? 

404ce45e
Community Member

Hello,

why isn't Michigan ECPE included?

Regards

Hi Ioannis,

Thank you for suggesting we include this test as well. We'll be sure to pass this on to our team.

~Andrea
Upwork

How much Ielts bands are required as a fluency proof??

Hi Hassaan, 

You can check which certifications are accepted in this article, and you can add one of the accepted certifications to verify your English proficiency. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey, are these certifications free or paid?
Thanks

According to 1 of the chat support agent:
"Freelancers can get English verified on Upwork in two ways:
1) taking a test (including IELTS - English Proficiency Exam, Cambridge, and Duolingo

2) getting rated by 3 clients (when ending your contracts)"English verification issue - chat screenshot.PNG

Next sentence he wrote was:

"Sorry but we can only accept the test result from Duolingo"

English verification issue - chat screenshot 2.PNG

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths