🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to check bank account number?
Page options
litwaterman
Community Member

How to check bank account number?

I recently requested my first payment, but it is taking an unexpectedly (to me) long time to arrive in my account.

So, I thought I would check the account number; but everywhere in the Upwork UI it only tells me the last 4 digits of the account. Where can I see the whole account and routing number?

Max.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In case anyone comes across this later, it turns out that there is no way to see the whole routing and account number...amazingly, it is supposedly a security issue.

Oh well...anyway, it turns out the banking system in the USA is a little archaic and transfers take days to happen, so it a wait is to be expected....adding to the 17 days between the first day of work and the day you get that in your account...

I suppose you get used to it, but for the first job on the platform, it's a bit worrisome.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi David,

You can check the last four digits of the bank account you used by going hereACH payments should arrive at your bank within two to five business days. Some banks impose a waiting period on funds from incoming transfers. Please ask your bank how long it will take for your funds to clear.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi David,

You can check the last four digits of the bank account you used by going hereACH payments should arrive at your bank within two to five business days. Some banks impose a waiting period on funds from incoming transfers. Please ask your bank how long it will take for your funds to clear.

Yes, as mentioned in my question, I am aware I can see the last 4 digits:

> everywhere in the Upwork UI it only tells me the last 4 digits of the account. Where can I see the whole account and routing number?

but what about all the other digits, and indeed the routing number? How can I check those are correct?

Hi David,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

In case anyone comes across this later, it turns out that there is no way to see the whole routing and account number...amazingly, it is supposedly a security issue.

Oh well...anyway, it turns out the banking system in the USA is a little archaic and transfers take days to happen, so it a wait is to be expected....adding to the 17 days between the first day of work and the day you get that in your account...

I suppose you get used to it, but for the first job on the platform, it's a bit worrisome.

I am facing the same issue now. My first payment and I started to think what if my bank account number is incorrect, there seems to be no way to check it either. They are only showing the last 4 digits. 

Did you get a response from the team regarding this?

Kumar wrote:

I am facing the same issue now. My first payment and I started to think what if my bank account number is incorrect, there seems to be no way to check it either. They are only showing the last 4 digits. 

Did you get a response from the team regarding this?

Hi,

Not anything satisfactory, no...as I mentioned, it is supposedly a security feature. That's idiotic in my mind, but what can you do?

The biggest 'tip' I have is to monitor the 'path' of moneys owed on the web app -> reports -> overview. There you can see some tabs that show as your money goes through system, giving some semblance of 'confidence' that things are progressing as planned.

That doesn't help with the account/routing number, of course.... 😕

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths