🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to create a dispute when it's not in your...
Page options
rossalsk
Community Member

How to create a dispute when it's not in your joblist?

Hi. I have this freelance job I did for this person for 10hours. We have an agreement of 30usd per hour. I did the 10 hours work but I am not getting paid yet. He told me that I will get paid but I did not receive any payments from him yet. Problem is the job is in the list of my Proposals so I cannot file a dispute. How can I make him pay me for the 10hours work I did for him? We have a message thread here in upwork to proof.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rossal,

I`m sorry to hear about this. Just to clarify, in order to be protected under our Hourly Payment protection you will need to be hired on an official contract and track your time with our desktop app. To learn more about how you`re protected on hourly contracts, check out this Help Article
When you`re working on hourly contracts, your clients are billed every Monday for the time you`ve tracked in the previous week.
I would also recommend reviewing the Safety First section Here and learning more about how to protect yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Rossal K wrote:

Hi. I have this freelance job

You don't... You had an interview. You were never hired. The client could not pay you even if they wanted to.

Rossal K wrote:

How can I make him pay me for the 10hours work I did for him? 

You can ask the client to hire you and then pay, but it sounds like the client has litte intention of doing so.

You may want to stop applying for contracts and learn how contracts work on the platform and how you can be safe and get paid.

Payment.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths