🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to delete my account and create a new...
Page options
logicdeer
Community Member

How to delete my account and create a new account wih same email id?

Hi,

I am new to upwork.Please tell me how to delete my present account and create a new account with same email id and user name.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Logic D wrote:

Hi,

I am new to upwork.Please tell me how to delete my present account and create a new account with same email id and user name.

You are not allowed to do that. Only one account per person, ever.

Why would you want to do that anyway? Just edit the one you have.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
petra_r
Community Member

@Logic D wrote:

Hi,

You are not allowed to do that. Only one account per person, ever.

Why would you want to do that anyway? Just edit the one you have.

What if I have an old account and I closed it and made a new one with the same email?

Hi Laishah,

I would like to clarify that freelancers are allowed to have only one account. If something is still confusing or you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

A friend of mine has two accounts and the first one got suspended. He doesn't know exactly why, but since he is not aware of the policies he created a new one and also got suspended on it after earning some clients probably after 2 weeks of using the new account. He says he also run through verification process where he gave a Valid ID and as well as talk to one of the Upwork Reps over the phone but he still got suspended. Is there any way one of the account can be closed and use the other one? Can he still recover one of his account and use it to work?

re: "A friend of mine has two accounts and the first one got suspended."

You should not be friends with people who violate serious Upwork ToS.

Or at least don't be so public about your friendship with people who are violating serious Upwork ToS.

You don't want Upwork to think you are doing the same things. And you don't want Upwork to think that your "friend" is really just you.

On the topic if having two accounts:
Upwork does NOT allow that.

Upwork will always suspend or terminate freelancers if they are caught doing that.

But Upwork WILL WORK WITH freelancers if they come forward and explain that they made a mistake and didn't know about the rule, and ask for Customer Support to help them close all of their accounts except for their first one.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laishah, 

Please know that having more than one freelancer account is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. You may refer to this help article and the User Agreement for more information.

Please know that we will not be able to share more information about another user's account to comply with our privacy policy. If your friend needs help, they can reach out to us in our other support channels.

~ Avery
Upwork
764b9c71
Community Member

My previous upwork account is suspended. May I create new account with same name and same ID card after closing me previous one. 

Hi Goran,

Hope you would be fine. I just encountered a problem. While I was entering my name, I did not read the "name changing policy" of upwork. Actually, I have two names;  one official name that appears on my ID card and debit card and the second one (that I consider full name)  appears on my all educational degrees. When I open my account on upwork, I used the initial and last words of the later name  and not the former one. But when I was putting up details about my account so that I could get paid, I entered the name which was on my ID card and Debit Card. All  "get paid" section has gotten off now. There is no option appearing. I even sent  a request to change my "upwork account name" to the name appears on my ID and Debit card so that there would be no mismatch between the two names. Do you think it is fixable or I comit a blunderous mistake by not reading the "naming changing policy" when I was opening upwork account today ? Or is there any other way to fix this up?

Hi Fahad,

I checked your account and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. our team has also reached out to you regarding your account details on this ticket number, and I can see here that you have replied in this ticket number: 29960954. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
764b9c71
Community Member

My previous upwork account is suspended. May I create new account with same name and same ID card after closing me previous one.

Thanks in advance 

3235c75e
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

I have a problem please I need help, my username and the name on my payment ID are not the same. I never knew it mattered until I saw someone mentioning it here. Instead of closing the Upwork account and opening a new, is there a way I can change my username or make a new email that reflects my name. 

Thanks as you respond to my email.

Ho Ronic,

If you are referring to updating your profile name, you can change your name to match your payment details from this link.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

In need of help. I updated my account name after getting married several years ago. No issues with that. Today I added my payment method information that match's my account name (my legal name). There were no prior payment methods associated with my account. I received an email for Payment Method Added but the account name in the email has my old name (prior to marriage). How do I confirm I won't have issues with any payments since somewhere in the Upwork system still clearly lists me with my old name? 

Thank you!

Hi Juli,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already added your payment method and currently it is being reviewed. If our team required additional steps for your payment verification, they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jewlzee1
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for checking. Yes my payment method was added today. The name on the Upwork Notification email I received has my old last name. My concren is that my old last name from 9 years ago is still associated to my account. How can it be corrected so future notifications and anything to do with my account has the correct name?

Thanks!

Hi Juli,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,what if I simply want to change my username? how do I do that  without deleting my current account ang making a new one?

Hi Ronald,

Unfortunately you won't be able to change your username. 
Please keep in mind that freelancers are allowed to have only one account. Opening more than one account is a violation of our TOS even in the scenario you`ve desribed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I opened the first account and it wasn't approved. Out of desperation, I opened another. I didn't know it was a violation to make multiple accounts. Now that I know because both are currently suspended. What can I do? I would like to delete one if possible. Please. Help

Hi Johnson,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

How can I delete the second account?

Hello goran,

Please tell me how to delete my account. Then can I create same email id too?

Thanks...

You are only allowed one account on Upwork. Your initial one.

Hi Bhautik,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

You can find steps for closing an account in this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d5519e98
Community Member

Hey,

What if I deleted my Upwork account then decided to go back again after few months?

Von Gabriel D wrote:

Hey,

What if I deleted my Upwork account then decided to go back again after few months?

Then you need to ask support to open the old one. 

I want to change my skills and expertise on Upwork. I have learnt new things I have added two skills and I am not able to add more Or delete any one-off them to add one new skill.

Hi Laiba,

You can always update your skills simply by opening your profile and clicking on the pencil icon under the Skills section. On the new window, you will be able to delete your current skills and add new ones.
You can also check out this Help Article on how to complete your profile up to 100%. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6c1c8067
Community Member

maybe because he was out of connects and does not wish to buy extra connects.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths