cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete my account and create a new account wih same email id?

logicdeer
Logic D Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
1 of 11

Hi,

I am new to upwork.Please tell me how to delete my present account and create a new account with same email id and user name.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

@Logic D wrote:

Hi,

I am new to upwork.Please tell me how to delete my present account and create a new account with same email id and user name.

You are not allowed to do that. Only one account per person, ever.

Why would you want to do that anyway? Just edit the one you have.

View solution in original post

laishah12
Laishah B Member Since: May 7, 2020
3 of 11

What if I have an old account and I closed it and made a new one with the same email?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 11

Hi Laishah,

I would like to clarify that freelancers are allowed to have only one account. If something is still confusing or you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
laishah12
Laishah B Member Since: May 7, 2020
5 of 11

A friend of mine has two accounts and the first one got suspended. He doesn't know exactly why, but since he is not aware of the policies he created a new one and also got suspended on it after earning some clients probably after 2 weeks of using the new account. He says he also run through verification process where he gave a Valid ID and as well as talk to one of the Upwork Reps over the phone but he still got suspended. Is there any way one of the account can be closed and use the other one? Can he still recover one of his account and use it to work?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 11

re: "A friend of mine has two accounts and the first one got suspended."

You should not be friends with people who violate serious Upwork ToS.

Or at least don't be so public about your friendship with people who are violating serious Upwork ToS.

You don't want Upwork to think you are doing the same things. And you don't want Upwork to think that your "friend" is really just you.

On the topic if having two accounts:
Upwork does NOT allow that.

Upwork will always suspend or terminate freelancers if they are caught doing that.

But Upwork WILL WORK WITH freelancers if they come forward and explain that they made a mistake and didn't know about the rule, and ask for Customer Support to help them close all of their accounts except for their first one.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 11

Hi Laishah, 

Please know that having more than one freelancer account is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. You may refer to this help article and the User Agreement for more information.

Please know that we will not be able to share more information about another user's account to comply with our privacy policy. If your friend needs help, they can reach out to us in our other support channels.

-Avery
Untitled
fahdjan
Fahad S Member Since: Oct 15, 2020
8 of 11

Hi Goran,

Hope you would be fine. I just encountered a problem. While I was entering my name, I did not read the "name changing policy" of upwork. Actually, I have two names;  one official name that appears on my ID card and debit card and the second one (that I consider full name)  appears on my all educational degrees. When I open my account on upwork, I used the initial and last words of the later name  and not the former one. But when I was putting up details about my account so that I could get paid, I entered the name which was on my ID card and Debit Card. All  "get paid" section has gotten off now. There is no option appearing. I even sent  a request to change my "upwork account name" to the name appears on my ID and Debit card so that there would be no mismatch between the two names. Do you think it is fixable or I comit a blunderous mistake by not reading the "naming changing policy" when I was opening upwork account today ? Or is there any other way to fix this up?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 11

Hi Fahad,

I checked your account and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. our team has also reached out to you regarding your account details on this ticket number, and I can see here that you have replied in this ticket number: 29960954. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further.

-Joanne
Untitled
a_morningstar99
Ronald JR C Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
10 of 11

Hi,what if I simply want to change my username? how do I do that  without deleting my current account ang making a new one?