🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to end project without getting reviews?
Page options
peter_shalen
Community Member

How to end project without getting reviews?

Hi,  I have a misunderstanding with one of my new client and unfortunately, I wont be able to work on it. How can I or the client end this project so that I won't get a bad rating and the project will also end?

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ramandeep,

When a contract is closed both parties have 14 days to provide feedback for each other. You and your client can close the contract at any time.

If you would like to close your contract from your end, all you need to do is to follow the steps in this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
benedictrm
Community Member

The whole idea of all this feedback in places like this and Uber is that we all keep each other honest.

Works great, so long as everyone is honest and fair. If they are not, it gets mighty ugly and becomes a toxic sandpit. I haven't landed anything here for almost a year since a client who was abusing the relationship (and then my work directly) gave a backhanded review after I put a stop to doing more of his ra_e culture Rap songs. (no way I am subjecting my wife and girls to that if I am not being paid as per agreement and he thinks talking to me like dirt is a good way to motivate me to help make his poor work great).

In your case though it all depends on what has happened. You don't really say what went wrong to have any sense of whether it is fair that a client be able to give a bad review or not. Either way, they will do what they will do. Sometimes they surprise you and be a pain to work with but give 5 stars.

What I have noticed now seems to be available (wasn't when I got my toxic review) is the ability to respond to a review. If this really is not your fault, you can draft a very careful response that will tell any reasonable person that this client was not a keeper and you have boundaries. Use that with care and you can still win from a bad review.

Otherwise, focus on your craft and not reviews. Work is in your hands, reviews aren't.

🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths