cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter milestones, pay and project duration without adequate information

Highlighted
Nancy N Member Since: May 26, 2017
1 of 6

I was contacted and asked to interview for a position via email.  This is my first dealings with Upwork.  The job posting says that it has a budget of $15k and lists the basic job functions, such as record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings., answering incoming calls, interact with incoming visitors etc.  It also mentions that most work will be done on the phone or via email, but I would be required to work in a physical location once or twice a month.

So then it asks if I want to be interviewed.  If I reply yes, it then asks for milestones, pay, project duration etc. I don't see this as a "project" type position, where someone is saying that they have 5 pages of handwritten meeting notes, but instead it is something that is ongoing.  Therefore, I don't understand how to answer the question about milestones and project duration.  Also, it does not note the location of the office for me to even determine if I would be interested in applying for this position (as it mentions being required to work in a physical location once or twice a month).

Help!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

This does not sound like an authentic Upwork-specific job posting.

If you're interested in doing this work, then ask them where the location is.

If the location isn't near you, then this whole thing is kind of pointless, isn't it?

Highlighted
3 of 6

Exactly!  But I don't see where I can click to message this person and I am unable to continue in the interview area without noting something in those areas I mentioned.

Maybe I'm missing something?

And thank you for your prompt response.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 6

Oh... so you simply received an email suggesting that you apply to this job?

If that's the case, there is no way for you to ask them a question.

If the client sent YOU an invitation, you would have an open communication channel with him via the messaging tool.

But if that's not the case... if you simply seeing a job posting that an Upwork email suggested you check out... then all you can do is submit your job application. You can ask a question at that time.

Highlighted
5 of 6

I'm sorry for the confusion.  It was an email notification that led me to the message area on upwork.  But I don't see where I can reply to this person via the messaging system.  I am thinking it's a scam of some type.

I do appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Nancy, 

Please send me the job link and details for the client, we will investigate if this is a SCAM. Thank you!

Untitled