cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to excel in getting approvals for submissions against more experienced guys?

Kanthi P Member Since: Feb 23, 2017
1 of 10

I Just have started with less experience and wanted to know how can I get approval for submission against others, who have more experience and who are good in the market already?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 10

I dunno maybe you can't. That's the perk of having experience.

3 of 10

Hence, it means I can't do it? clients always look for the experience? or any other points matters?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 10

For the most part, yes. Only you know if you can beat an experienced person. If you don't have any experience, yer gonna have a bad time.

If you have no experience, go out and get some with a jerrrb and then you have something to leverage. I don't know what you do but there are ways to get experience on your own too.

5 of 10

Thanks Jennifer.

Patti S Member Since: Feb 23, 2017
6 of 10

Hi Kanthi,

I'm new to UpWork, too, and attended a webinar yesterday called Easy Ways to Beef Up Your Portfolio.  You may find some helpful hints in it to help you prove yourself to clients even though you have less experience on UpWork compared to others.

Hope this helps.

Warmly,

Patti

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
7 of 10

You might want to clean up your profile, too.  There are grammatical mistakes which indicate that perhaps your English is not "fluent".  Use complete sentences and stress what services you can provide to a client.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 10

Kanthi,

You obviously have some experience in your field otherwise you wouldn't have a degree in it. So concentrate on offering the skills that  are within your current experience.

You need to establish a portfolio and pass some Upwork tests with above average scores in the areas relevant to your offer.

When you apply for jobs - go for those that you know you can do in your sleep. Don't bid on jobs where you'd have to go to Google for advice.

9 of 10

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

10 of 10

Thanks Mary for your information. I will follow in maintaining good profile.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS