🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to file a freelancer complaint?
Page options
5f86162b
Community Member

How to file a freelancer complaint?

I have employed the services of a freelancer do do a google knowledge panel and he sent me the link to show it working, i then released the payment.

I have been battling to get the panel working and he claims it is a google error.

What is my re-course. I have also given him a second project to do, what are the options?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tjofi
Community Member

Hi Asgar,

By releasing the payment (approving the milestone), you have basically confirmed that the work has been completed. You can reflect on your experience with him via feedback so that his future clients will be aware of his practices. If you have funded the second milestone for that other project, you can end the contract before he submits his work and refund the money from the escrow.
I will be following this topic to see what others have to say as I haven't been in, or witnessed such situation before so there might even be a solution to refund the first one (which I'm currently not aware of).

Regards,
~Filip

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asgar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to look into your concern and advise you about further steps.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5f86162b
Community Member

thanks

tjofi
Community Member

Hi Asgar,

By releasing the payment (approving the milestone), you have basically confirmed that the work has been completed. You can reflect on your experience with him via feedback so that his future clients will be aware of his practices. If you have funded the second milestone for that other project, you can end the contract before he submits his work and refund the money from the escrow.
I will be following this topic to see what others have to say as I haven't been in, or witnessed such situation before so there might even be a solution to refund the first one (which I'm currently not aware of).

Regards,
~Filip
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths