🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to filter searches
Page options
dab7a7a9
Community Member

How to filter searches

Hi, 

Is there a way for me to filter searches to only those posts where I fit the client's location, min work criteria, etc.? 

6 REPLIES 6
759e32fa

Hi Kaavya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you can refine your searches with filters by going to this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Kaavay,

Yes, there is a way to filter your searches on Upwork to only show job postings that match your specific criteria. When you are on the main job search page, you should see a list of filters on the left-hand side of the page. You can use these filters to narrow down your search by location, job category, experience level, and many other criteria.

In order to filter your search results based on your own specific criteria, you can use the "Advanced Filters" option. This will allow you to specify things like your location, your hourly rate, your skills, and your experience level. Once you have selected your filters, you can click on the "Apply Filters" button to see a list of job postings that match your criteria.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

dez_nicole
Community Member

Yes when searching for jobs type the type of job you are interested in then as the list of hiring clients pull up on the side of the search bar if you are applying from your phone there is a bar with two lines to the right of the search box, click on it to filter by hour or contract, how many months, short term or long term, pay range and also never ever apply to unverified clients mostly scammers only apply to verified clients. You can also choose many other options when filtering. If you are on a computer the filtering option is to the right.

09b3b035
Community Member

How do I get to the page with all the filters. My search page doesn't default to this. 

Hi Christy,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. To use filters in searching for jobs, you can:

1. Go to Find Work or Job Search
  2. Type a basic keyword search in the box, or choose the Advanced Search link for more options
  3. On the search results page, use the filters on the left to further narrow your results

Trying several search combinations and a variety of filters can help you find the projects you're looking for more quickly. For even faster searching, our searches accept logic operators like “AND” and “OR”. Our Advanced Search option will perform complex logic for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
09b3b035
Community Member

Thanks, but I still don't see any filters when I cick on Find Work and start searching and I don't even know where to find the Job Search button. The only way I can get there is to save the links you provided here. But these areas (to me at least) seem to be totally hidden. Plus, I don't see Advanced Search anywhere. Can you provide screen shots for how to find all of these pages naturally?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths