🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to finish contract which was previously s...
Page options
otkulbayev_zhan
Community Member

How to finish contract which was previously set for the whole week?

Hello,

Since both of us, a client and freelancer (me) are inexperienced with Upwork we would thank anyone who could help us with dealing such an issue. Client set up a contract for the whole week and then hired me. The whole job was done within one hour (not a whole week). How does client or me (freelancer) finish the contract before waiting the whole week end so noone of us lose money? 

Thank you a lot for your help! 

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zhan,

While working on Hourly Contracts, your billing period begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. If you work on an Hourly contract for 1 hour during the billing period and end the contract, you can still get paid for the work you did. This type of contract is defaulted to have a billing period of one week. If there is no more work to be done, you can ask the client to end the contract. I suggest that you check out this help article to learn more about how you are getting paid for Hourly Contracts and this one for the Weekly Billing Cycle.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you sir!

Could you please answer on this one too. I have two different rates for one hour of work. The original and the new one (which the client changed). In my diary whenever I put my hours, it goes to the original rate but not the new one. How do I put the hours for the new rate?

Thank you a lot Aleksandar D

Hi Zhan,

I checked and it looks like you already added the time with a new hourly rate.

Please keep in mind that manual time is not protected under our Hourly Payment Protection.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you a lot sir! Will remember that

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths