🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to get a badge - Special situation
Page options
42cd4915
Community Member

How to get a badge - Special situation

Hello Dear Community, Smiley Happy

I have been a member for 2 years (actually, I initially signed up more out of curiosity than for actual use - in fact I had not used your services in any way). From the end of June 2020 due to some changes in my Professional Life I started purchase Connects, so I started working and immediately get the first results. So happy about that!

My question is:
Is it likely that this may have affected obtaining badges? (Raising Talents or Top Rated)

I am perhaps not recognized as a new user.

I ask this question because I would like to be able to get a badge or reach a first milestone on this great website, which I want to thank for giving me the opportunity to earn with my work. 

Actual situation:

+ 1k$ incoming

%100 completed profile

6 active contracts

2 closed contracts with 5stars

All the best, Marco Cat Wink

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

Marco:

Don't worry about this.

- You don't need a badge.

- There are no special situations.

Hi Preston, thank you very much for your reply - Yes you are right:  Smiley Very Happy BUT...

...maybe I don't need a badge, but I think that it can be a 

valid option to get more visibility (and perhaps a little more credibility!?) - otherwise,

I don't think it would have been decided to set-up badges.

In addition they can give you some benefits then it's a great value for me.

The other thing i can't figure out is that my JSS is not updating (as for the bellowed pic).

Is it correct?

Thank you again for your help on this.

Have a great day, Marco

JSS.png

You can't ask for a badge. When you qualify, you'll automatically get one. 

You can't ask for a badge. When you qualify, you'll automatically get one. 

Hi Christine, thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but I am not "asking for a badge": I'm asking for knowledge
1. I am trying to understand how the selection criteria work, because according to my knowledge (as a new user on Upwork) I could have been selected to have it. But I'm not sure. For this reason I asked that.

2. I want to know how it works and I don't want something that is not mine. Above all I would like things that I deserved and not the ones that I asked for.

Marco M wrote:

The other thing i can't figure out is that my JSS is not updating (as for the bellowed pic).

You don't HAVE a JSS so of course it's not updating. You need 4 or more completed contracts from at least 2 different clients to get a Job Success Score. Once you have a Job Success Score, and if it is above 90%, you can work towards the top rated badge.

Hello Petra and thank you for your kind answer. This is really helpful. 
Now I have 4 completed contracts with more than 2 different clients - this means that I will get a JSS soon?

petra_r
Community Member

Marco M wrote:

You don't HAVE a JSS so of course it's not updating. You need 4 or more completed contracts from at least 2 different clients to get a Job Success Score. Once you have a Job Success Score, and if it is above 90%, you can work towards the top rated badge.

smkiger
Community Member

To get the Rising Talent badge you have to complete your UpWork profile.

I have been on UpWork one year with 25 years website development experience. Submitted hundreds of proposals and not one hire. Currently asking the US Attorney General to investigate this.

No doubt UpWork keep their top freelancers on top to keep their percentage of revenue flowing and raking fees from new freelancers, in my case, one year now without one hire. 

Michael K wrote:

No doubt UpWork keep their top freelancers on top to keep their percentage of revenue flowing and raking fees from new freelancers, in my case, one year now without one hire. 

Marco is new here and has already been hired 8 times, without having any badges or a JSS score. 

Screenshot_2020-12-10 Upwork Freelancer Profile.png
I was thinking all this questions as well , doubts and thinking a system have error and all is just a imagination , the main reason why you are not get a badge is a weeks you need to spend to get a 13 of 16.
And you need to read a lot this will give you a few direction , and

Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks 

I started around time Michael did , just i have fallow advice's of nice people here.

Screenshot_2020-12-10 Job Success Score.png

re: "Currently asking the US Attorney General to investigate this."

I'm sure he's burning the midnight oil.

Preston H wrote:

re: "Currently asking the US Attorney General to investigate this."

I'm sure he's burning the midnight oil.

I would just ask him for a pardon. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths