🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to get a "rising talent" badge
Page options
petreleon
Community Member

How to get a "rising talent" badge

Hello, everyone.

I signed up a few days ago and don't know much about upwork.

I saw some tasks which prefers "Job Success Score is more than 90% and includes rising talent".

Please tell me what they are exactly and how I can get it.

I had a look in help center, but it is not clear for me.

Thank you.

Petre

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petre, 

Welcome to Upwork, and the Upwork Community! 

Job Success Score is a score that is calculated based on the private, and public feedback you receive from your clients on Upwork. Both you and your client can leave feedback for each other once a contract is closed. Any feedback left on your account will be calculated to get your score (jobs that violated the Upwork Terms of Service will not be included in the score's calculation). You may read more about Job Success Scores here, and here for more information. 

The Rising Talent program aims to help new freelancers and agencies quickly get started, grow their client base, and establish their freelance reputation on our platform. New freelancers who have exceptional profiles, and work history outside and/or inside Upwork may be part of the program if they meet the eligibility guidelines listed on the help article I have noted above. 

When you apply for jobs, clients may have listed having a Job Success Score, or the Rising Talent badge as part of their requirements. However, a lot of freelancers here in the Community have shared their stories that there were times they didn't meet the clients requirements, but they eventually landed the contract, and completed it successfully. It will all depend on how you sell yourself to the client through your proposals, and through your profile. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Good luck on your freelancing career!

~ Avery
Upwork
petreleon
Community Member

Thanks very much!

I understand what they are cleary now.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths