🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to get access to funds client has release...
Page options
steven5clu884
Community Member

How to get access to funds client has released when milestones are met

I have met several milestones with my client, and the client put money into the account.  How do I access those funds that have been released

3 REPLIES 3
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

When you submit work against a fixed-price milestone, the funds in escrow for that milestone (or whatever portion of it you've requested payment for) move to In Review. When the client approves payment or 14 days elapse, whichever occurs first, the funds move to Pending. After five days, they move to Available and you can withdraw them (or wait for your next scheduled payment).

It sounds like you might not have used the magic green button to submit your work. If you didn't, do it now. If you already did, don't click it again--that restarts the 14-day clock!

Do yourself a ginormous favor and get better informed about how the platform works before undertaking any more projects. It works well when everybody uses it as designed, but FLs and clients who jump in without doing their homework inevitably suffer calamities great and small.

michael_skaggs
Community Member

If you go into your profile settings under User Settings -> Get Paid, you will see when your next scheduled payment date is. If your balance is over $100, it will be automatically paid on that date, provided the pending funds have passed the security period.

When the funds are released, there is a five day security period before you are able to withdraw them. After that, you can manually withdraw the funds by clicking "Get Paid Now" on that page, or waiting for it to happen automatically. From there, it depends on how you've set your account up to receive your money, as different methods can take different amounts of time.

kat303
Community Member

In addition to what Phyllis and Michael said, I'll add 

If you have not set up an account to transfer funds from this site once they become available for withdrawal, you'll need to do that (such as a bank (checking/savings), credit card, or paypal. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths