🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 6 days now and still connects doesnt roll ove...
Page options
adriana1331
Community Member

How to get connects

Hello,

I'm new on Upwork and I have some doubts ..

1) how do I get connects to submit proposals?

2) how is the payment done?

Thanks 😊

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chrisbdk74
Community Member

Hi Adriana,

Being fairly new to this place myself, I had the same questions. 

As a "basic" member, you get 60 connects per month (I think), that you can use. 

It took a little while before my connects where available to use.

Payment is, as far as I understand, done via Upworks payment system and you can use either Paypal or a transfer method to get your earnings. 

You can read more here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/sections/202260708-Payment-Method

Hope this helped. 

/Christian

View solution in original post

130 REPLIES 130
adriana1331
Community Member

Thank you for your help!
One last question, I submitted a proposal... How do I know if it's accepted? How long does it take?
Thanks ☺️

They will usually chat with you and then send an offer. Never work until they send an offer.

shreedharz17
Community Member

How to get connect on upwork go new freelancer.

Hi Shreedhar,

Once a freelancer's profile is accepted and they pick their Membership, they'll get their allotment of connects and be able to send proposals to jobs. The number of available connects is displayed on the right side of Find Work page.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am a member since May but I haven't got any connects. Cat Sad

Hi Reever,

I see you already started submitting proposals, let us know if you have any questions.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I only got 20 connects when I signed up but haven't been able to send proposals since it was used up.

It seems newbies can't really make money here unless they start spending money here.

My connects were supposed to come back today automatically. It didn’t happen. Can you check my account and tell me why it didn’t?

Hi Alicia,

Your connects should be credited some time today, please give it a few more hours and if they do not reflect in your account by the end of the day, let us know and we'll further assist.

~Nina

My montly connects are still not updated. Is there any specific reson?

Hi Nauman, 

Please know that we have announced awhile back about some changes to Connects. Connects can now be purchased in bundles and you may read more about it here, and here

Let us know if you have other questions about this change, and our team will be happy to help.

~ Avery
Upwork
cafela86
Community Member

Hello Person Concerned,

I am new in Upwork and i would love to know how some gets his first connects. i want to submit a proposal for ajob and it requires me to have 2 connects. Kindly, assist.

Regards,

Felix

Hi Felix,

Please follow the steps I posted yesterday on this thread and select a membership plan in order to receive your monthly allotment of Connects.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Felix,as i discovered you have to actively choose a subscription before you get any connects. usually by clicking the green button of one of the subscriptions. You then immediately receive your connects.

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the response. i guess i need to pick the membership plans - plus which costs $10 and it will be billed against me. Id that what you meant or something else?

Hi Felix,

You are free to choose either Basic (free) or Plus Membership. Check out this help article for more information about both plans. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
hamzayasin1233
Community Member

You have to pay 10$ to get connects for submit your proposals.

Hi Hamza, 

I would just like to clarify that you do not need to pay $10 to get Connects. You may opt for the Freelancer Basic plan which included free 60 connects every month. The Freelancer Plus plan, at $10 per month, issues an additional 10 connects on top of the free 60 connects every month. 

You may read up on this help article for more information on the Freelancer Plus and Freelancer Basic plans.

~ Avery
Upwork

Shes right ^

How can we get above 70 connects or unlimited? There are so many jobs I can complete but not enough “connects” given.

Ramsin,

If you subscribe to Membership Plus, you'll be able to purchase additional connects and benefit from connects rollover.  Check out this help article for more information about that.

It is recommended that freelancers are selective about what jobs they apply to, only apply to jobs that they are absolutely sure they can complete and take time to craft well-written and targeted proposals.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Akhtar,

We'll have the team look into your issue and update you about it via a support ticket.

Thanks for reaching out.

~ Valeria
Upwork
theijaz
Community Member

Hi dear,

My monthly connects expired on 1 June 2019 but I have not yet received / renewed my monthly connects (basic plan) yet. Kindly guide me about it or resolve my issue.

Thanks and regards

Muhammad Ijaz

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Your account has been moved to paid Connects, you will have to purchase Connects to submit a proposal to any job (unless you are on our Freelancer Plus plan or rolled over some existing Connects).

You can view FAQs about paid Connects and a video explaining the change from our Head of Product, hereThank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aichenemi1
Community Member

I am new on upwork, Created my account this week but the 60 connect allocated to the account for the month was never given.
What could be the problem guys

There are no free connects any more - you need to purchase them.

Hi Ojochenemi,

Since you`re signed up with our new Connect plan you will receive 20 connects instead of 60. Our team will award your connects on your profile as soon as possible.

To learn more about this you can read our announcement thread Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
christianata
Community Member

Hello, I have not received my monthly connects (basic plan) yet. It writes: Current Billing Cycle Jun 16, 2019 — Jul 15, 2019. Can you help me?

Christiana T wrote:

Hello, I have not received my monthly connects (basic plan) yet. It writes: Current Billing Cycle Jun 16, 2019 — Jul 15, 2019. Can you help me?

You can find out more by reading these threads:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-Connects/td-p/580451

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Connects-Change-Rollout-Update-and-Frequently-Asked-Qu...

elixirvim007
Community Member

How will I get my free connects as a new member of Upwork?

Hi John,

Our team will update your profile and award your free connects as soon as possible, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I ran out of connects. Will i get for free 60 connects next month?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

Please note that Basic Membership doesn't include free connects. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. Check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lyudmylas
Community Member

Hi Bojan

Are there jobs that do not require connects?

Thanks

aliciaparker55
Community Member

I’m new here how do I get connect and I don’t have any money with me right now

Hi Alicia,

New freelancers are given 20 free connects to help them get started. Once you all connects have been used up, you will need to purchase them. Please check out this article on our help center for more information. 

Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I don’t have any money with me ##- Please type your reply above this line
-##
8c73dc02
Community Member

Thank you for joining upwork. I am also new in upwork. But i know this details. You can get connets only by adding your international debit or credit card. Buy connects is the best way to get connect. 

Hi there! I am new in Upwork

I wasn't able to use my Upwork for almost 6 months since I joined Upwork. A few days ago I started to join Upwork again. I already send some proposals, but I think I have the same issues with the rest of the beginners like me...Correct me if I am wrong should I also buy bundles of connect in order to send proposal too..so that I can join Upwork again?

Hi Melani,

All freelancers that are on our Basic plan will receive only 10 free Connects per month. If you would like to send more proposals you will need to purchase Connects by going to Settings > Membership & Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths