Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get connects

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
21 of 92

Hi David,

If you have used up all your free connects, you may purchase them from your account. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Julqernine N Member Since: Jun 28, 2020
22 of 92

Hi,
I've joined your site as a basic user but got no connection.  
In "search jobs" I'm finding many jobs that match my professional experience. 
It will be good earning through your site if I can able to "send proposal".

Which I can't d currently. 

So what's the point to become Upwork Basic user when I can't submit a single proposal after opening the account? 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
23 of 92

Hi Julqernine, 

To submit proposals, you will now have to purchase connects. You may purchase them from your account. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Amr G Member Since: Aug 10, 2019
24 of 92

did you get answer?

Highlighted
Zohaib N Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
25 of 92
Yes I did. We can only purchase connects in bundle now. Each connect costs
$ 0.15

Highlighted
Tomas C. M Member Since: Jun 24, 2019
26 of 92

Hi Nina

I’m new to Upwork. With the free basic plan coming with 60 free connects, after these are used up, do I need to purchase additional connects at 15 cents each, or are these just debited from any job I get. 

Thanks

Tom

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
27 of 92

Hi Tomas,

Going forward, Basic Membership doesn't include free connects. You can view FAQs about paid Connects and a video explaining the change from our Head of Product.

Please note that connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Fatimah A Member Since: Jun 28, 2019
28 of 92

I got just 20 connects at the start of the month and now the new month has started but I still haven't received any connects. I'm on the basic membership plan.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
29 of 92

Hi Fatimah, 

As I have noted on my response just before your post, please know that Connects can be purchased in the following bundles: 

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

You may read more about it here, and here

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Chau N Member Since: Nov 20, 2019
30 of 92

Hi Bojan S, 

I am aware that when the connects are used up, I have to buy more. the thing is when I go to setting as per instruction, a "promo ccode" is required to fill in before I can buy more connects. So, what is a " promo code"?

Thanks for your support