🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to get connects
Page options
adriana1331
Community Member

How to get connects

Hello,

I'm new on Upwork and I have some doubts ..

1) how do I get connects to submit proposals?

2) how is the payment done?

Thanks 😊

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chrisbdk74
Community Member

Hi Adriana,

Being fairly new to this place myself, I had the same questions. 

As a "basic" member, you get 60 connects per month (I think), that you can use. 

It took a little while before my connects where available to use.

Payment is, as far as I understand, done via Upworks payment system and you can use either Paypal or a transfer method to get your earnings. 

You can read more here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/sections/202260708-Payment-Method

Hope this helped. 

/Christian

View solution in original post

130 REPLIES 130
tiffalyn
Community Member

60 connect? I get 10 only.. 😞 then ill be wait again for another month to get connect..

Hi Warlyn,

Freelancers are given 10 Connects every month and also, given an additional 10 for every interview they win. I'd recommend that you please read this announcement and this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there! Do connects add up or do they reset to zero every month? Thanks in advance!

Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks for asking! You can roll over 200 Connects per billing cycle. Agencies can roll over as many as 400.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
atunio
Community Member

You will get 10 free connects when client interview. for each interview you can get 10 connects.

After getting project you must have to accept offer and deliver work on time. Client release the payment after satisfication. Payment will come in upwork account within 5 days if you are working for fix job.

You can get paid any time when amount is in you upwork account.

cbb44c0d
Community Member

Hello.  I responded to an interview today, but I didn't receive any new connects.

Hi Erin Lynn,

I have checked your account along with the job posts you're referring to. It looks like the client violated our TOS by moving the communication outside of Upwork with no contract created and this could result in suspending your account. That said, I'll forward your report along with the job posts to our Trust & Safety team for review. You should be getting an update via email from our team. Feel free to communicate if you need further assistance.

For future reference, here's a help article to report suspicious activities (Flag as Inappropriate on the right side of the job post).

~ Arjay
Upwork
mujahidkolachi
Community Member

Hi Everyone ..

I have zero connects wants some connects for bidding future projects.

Hello
15b8ab81
Community Member

1. Connects on Upwork:

Connects are the virtual tokens you need to submit proposals for jobs on Upwork. Each proposal you submit requires a certain number of connects, and the number of connects needed may vary depending on the type of job and your membership plan.

When you create your Upwork account, you are initially given some free connects to get started. However, once you use up those free connects, you'll need to purchase additional connects. To get more connects, follow these steps:

a) Log in to your Upwork account. b) Go to the "Find Work" tab. c) Click on "Connects" from the top menu. d) Click the "Buy Connects" button. e) Choose the number of connects you want to purchase and proceed with the payment.

07cde080
Community Member

To get connects on Upwork, you have a few options. You can receive free connects every month depending on your membership plan. Freelancer Basic accounts receive 10 free connects each month, and Freelancer Plus accounts receive 70 connects each month (including 10 free). You can also buy more connects for $0.15 each, or earn free connects by completing certain actions, such as earning a Rising Talent badge, winning an interview with an established client, or completing an Upwork Skill Certification. You can learn more about how to get connects fromthis articleorthis article.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths