cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get connects

Tomas M Member Since: Jun 24, 2019
11 of 61

Hi Nina

I’m new to Upwork. With the free basic plan coming with 60 free connects, after these are used up, do I need to purchase additional connects at 15 cents each, or are these just debited from any job I get. 

Thanks

Tom

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
12 of 61

Hi Tomas,

Going forward, Basic Membership doesn't include free connects. You can view FAQs about paid Connects and a video explaining the change from our Head of Product.

Please note that connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Fatimah A Member Since: Jun 28, 2019
13 of 61

I got just 20 connects at the start of the month and now the new month has started but I still haven't received any connects. I'm on the basic membership plan.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 61

Hi Fatimah, 

As I have noted on my response just before your post, please know that iConnects can be purchased in the following bundles: 

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

You may read more about it here, and here

-Avery
Untitled
Shareef H Member Since: Aug 24, 2018
15 of 61

Hi is 60 connects recharge each 30 days or at 1 of every month

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
16 of 61

Hi Shareef,

Connects update at the beginning of each billing cycle. You can check your billing cycle by going to Settings> Membership & Connects. For Basic Plan, you'll get 60 free connects at the beginning of each cycle. You can learn more about that here.  Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Gergely-Gyorgy S Member Since: Jun 9, 2019
17 of 61

Hi! I have a problem. Can anyone help me, please? I have an active Freelancer Basic plan. I have been awarded the Rising Talent status yesterday, on Monday. Yesterday, my connect balance was 8 connects. After that, I got my 30 connects for the Rising Talent program. Now I have 38 connects. The problem is, I haven't yet received the 60 monthly connects for my membership. My Freelancer Basic Plan is active.

At the Membership Connects section, I read "0 per month". What does that mean? From now on, do I have to pay for every connect? I am willing to upgrade to Freelancer Plus. My Billing Cycle began on 17th June and I haven't got my 60 connects today, on 18th June. What to do? Please help me.

Thank you very much.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 61

Hi Gergely,

Yes that is correct, once your account has been moved to paid Connects, you will have to purchase Connects to submit a proposal to any job (unless you are on our Freelancer Plus plan or rolled over some existing Connects). Thank you.

Untitled
Gergely-Gyorgy S Member Since: Jun 9, 2019
19 of 61

Hi Goran!

Why was my account moved to paid Connects? I didn't ask for it. For now, I am a Freelancer Basic member, which is free. I didn't ask for my account to be moved to paid Connects. I thought I will get 60 connects free, every month. This month, I would pay for the Plus membersihip, if it is possible, but I thought that as a FREE, basic member, I will get 60 connects every month.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
20 of 61

Hi Gergely,

This was announced about 2-months ago, where we sent an email to all users, posted in our blogsetup a resource page,  posted announcements in the Community here and town hall, which you can access the recording here.

You should be able to purchase new connects by adding a billing method to your account, or using your Upwork balance. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS