cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get connects

Gergely-Gyorgy S Member Since: Jun 9, 2019
21 of 66

Hi! I have a problem. Can anyone help me, please? I have an active Freelancer Basic plan. I have been awarded the Rising Talent status yesterday, on Monday. Yesterday, my connect balance was 8 connects. After that, I got my 30 connects for the Rising Talent program. Now I have 38 connects. The problem is, I haven't yet received the 60 monthly connects for my membership. My Freelancer Basic Plan is active.

At the Membership Connects section, I read "0 per month". What does that mean? From now on, do I have to pay for every connect? I am willing to upgrade to Freelancer Plus. My Billing Cycle began on 17th June and I haven't got my 60 connects today, on 18th June. What to do? Please help me.

Thank you very much.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
22 of 66

Hi Gergely,

Yes that is correct, once your account has been moved to paid Connects, you will have to purchase Connects to submit a proposal to any job (unless you are on our Freelancer Plus plan or rolled over some existing Connects). Thank you.

Untitled
23 of 66

Hi Goran!

Why was my account moved to paid Connects? I didn't ask for it. For now, I am a Freelancer Basic member, which is free. I didn't ask for my account to be moved to paid Connects. I thought I will get 60 connects free, every month. This month, I would pay for the Plus membersihip, if it is possible, but I thought that as a FREE, basic member, I will get 60 connects every month.

24 of 66

Hi Gergely,

This was announced about 2-months ago, where we sent an email to all users, posted in our blogsetup a resource page,  posted announcements in the Community here and town hall, which you can access the recording here.

You should be able to purchase new connects by adding a billing method to your account, or using your Upwork balance. Thank you.

Untitled
25 of 66
All right, thank you.
Siya A Member Since: Jun 18, 2018
26 of 66
i m also new
27 of 66

Hi Siya,

Welcome to Upwork. You will need to complete your application and submit it for a review, our team will finish the review in up to 24 hours and contact you with the results. To learn more about getting started on Upwork check out this thread. Thank you!

Untitled
Deo F Member Since: Jun 1, 2019
28 of 66

Hi Goran,

I'm new here, so if I am getting it correctly I cannot submit proposal nor apply in any Jobs posted unless I have connect please correct me if I'm wrong.

If so, then how are we freelancers (newbie) can start working without anything?

Thank and regards,

Deo

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
29 of 66

Hi Deo,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Yes, you are correct. You can not send proposals unless you have available Connects. Connects are not sold individually, but bundles begin at $1.50 for 10 Connects. Regardless of which bundle you choose, all Connects are priced at $0.15 apiece. Here are your bundle options:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12

All of these Connects expire one year from the date of issue. You can purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Please note that this can vary based on your location. Additionally, you can buy Connects using your Upwork balance or PayPal. Lastly, to view your Connects History report, go to the “Reports” tab and choose Connects History.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Joseph W Member Since: Sep 24, 2018
30 of 66

Hello!
My name is Joseph and I'd like to ask you something.
I have signin on Upwork a month ago and 20/09 was the date I would get the 60 connections,but I got only 30 connections.
Maybe it was mistake and I thought I would get additional 30 connections soon, but I don't still get it.
I want to work here and I love Upwork.
I hope you will solve it asap.
Thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS