Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get connects

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
21 of 113

Hi David,

If you have used up all your free connects, you may purchase them from your account. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
digital_krishan
Krishan B Member Since: Mar 8, 2021
22 of 113
When we are giving 20% of our earnings to these people, then why these peoples are charging money in form of connetcs? Whether you get a job or not, these people continue to cut your connects. I would never advise anyone to use upwork.
digital_krishan
23 of 113

upwork is one of the worst places for freelancers. They have neither a fast fast responsive website nor a mobile application.**Edited for community guidelines**they mean money only, not freelancers. When we give 20% of our earnings to these people, then why these peoples are charging money in form of connetcs? Whether you get a job or not, these people continue to cut your connects. I would never advise anyone to use upwork.

tinker_bell3
24 of 113

Hi Krishan,

You are not required to use any Connects under the following:

• When a client invites you to bid.
  • When a client sends you an offer.
  • When you send a proposal within an Enterprise Talent Cloud.

Sometimes, a project may get cancelled or a job may be removed from Upwork without a hire. In the following cases, these Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to the freelancer or agency. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to the freelancer or agency.

You can check this help article for more information. 

-Joanne
Untitled
digital_krishan
25 of 113

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your prompt reply but you know I've applied for 5 jobs and 3 of them are closed but I've not received any connects in return. And even now I can't apply for any job because I don't have the connects. Now please tell me what should I do?

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
26 of 113

Hi Krishan,

If you would like to send more proposals you can purchase Connects at any time by going to Settings > Membership & Connects. You can purchase Connects with your earnings or with your Billing method. Thank you.

Untitled
nasif92
Julqernine N Member Since: Jun 28, 2020
27 of 113

Hi,
I've joined your site as a basic user but got no connection.  
In "search jobs" I'm finding many jobs that match my professional experience. 
It will be good earning through your site if I can able to "send proposal".

Which I can't d currently. 

So what's the point to become Upwork Basic user when I can't submit a single proposal after opening the account? 

tinker_bell3
28 of 113

Hi Julqernine, 

To submit proposals, you will now have to purchase connects. You may purchase them from your account. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
amrgneup
Amr G Member Since: Aug 10, 2019
29 of 113

did you get answer?

zohaibnaseer
Zohaib N Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
30 of 113
Yes I did. We can only purchase connects in bundle now. Each connect costs
$ 0.15