cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get connects

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
31 of 66

Hi Joseph,

I just checked your connects history and everything is working as designed.

On our Basic plan you`re awarded 60 connects when your new cycle starts, this plan does not have the rollover option as our Plus plan has. On our Plus plan you'll have 70 connects each new cycle and the unused connects will also be rolled over in the next cycle. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. Thank you.

Untitled
Nandita B Member Since: Jan 29, 2019
32 of 66

Hi!!

I am new to upwork. I have the free membership plan and 60 available connects. But my connect history is showing 0 connect. I am confused about how to get at least 2 connects so that I can submit a proposal. My 1st billing cycle is showing as Jan 25, 2019 — Feb 24, 2019. Please suggest.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
33 of 66

Hi Nandita,

I checked your profile and you have 60 available connect to use for sending proposals. Please read this Help Article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Also, check out this thread for help getting started on Upwork and tips to avoid questionable jobs.  

Also, please go to the Account menu > Settings > Click "My Info" to edit your location information (not the Invoice info) using the pencil icon on the right side, and then click on the field above the street field which is greyed, click the one with text ''Start typing your address'' and you will be able to update your address information and start sending proposals.

Let us know if you need further help. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Sami K Member Since: Mar 11, 2019
34 of 66

yes

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
35 of 66

Hi Adriana,

Once you complete your freelancer profile and it's approved, you'll receive your monthly allotment of connects and will be able to apply for jobs.

Please, check out resources linked to this post by Vladimir to learn more about getting started on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Adriana C Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
36 of 66
Thank you for your help!
One last question, I submitted a proposal... How do I know if it's accepted? How long does it take?
Thanks ☺️
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
37 of 66

They will usually chat with you and then send an offer. Never work until they send an offer.

Shreedhar L Member Since: Feb 24, 2017
38 of 66

How to get connect on upwork go new freelancer.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
39 of 66

Hi Shreedhar,

Once a freelancer's profile is accepted and they pick their Membership, they'll get their allotment of connects and be able to send proposals to jobs. The number of available connects is displayed on the right side of Find Work page.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Reever M Member Since: May 5, 2017
40 of 66

I am a member since May but I haven't got any connects. Cat Sad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS