Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get connects

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
41 of 99

Hi Gergely,

Yes that is correct, once your account has been moved to paid Connects, you will have to purchase Connects to submit a proposal to any job (unless you are on our Freelancer Plus plan or rolled over some existing Connects). Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Gergely-Gyorgy S Member Since: Jun 9, 2019
42 of 99

Hi Goran!

Why was my account moved to paid Connects? I didn't ask for it. For now, I am a Freelancer Basic member, which is free. I didn't ask for my account to be moved to paid Connects. I thought I will get 60 connects free, every month. This month, I would pay for the Plus membersihip, if it is possible, but I thought that as a FREE, basic member, I will get 60 connects every month.

Highlighted
43 of 99

Hi Gergely,

This was announced about 2-months ago, where we sent an email to all users, posted in our blogsetup a resource page,  posted announcements in the Community here and town hall, which you can access the recording here.

You should be able to purchase new connects by adding a billing method to your account, or using your Upwork balance. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Gergely-Gyorgy S Member Since: Jun 9, 2019
44 of 99
All right, thank you.
Highlighted
Levi M Member Since: Jan 11, 2020
45 of 99

is this still applicable today?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
46 of 99

Hi Levi,

Your account was registered before the new Connects policy so you are not eligible for receiving 20 bonus connects for new freelancers. In your case, you'll need to purchase Connects in order to submit proposals. Connects are sold in the following bundles: 10 for $1.50, 20 for $3, 40 for $6, 60 for $9, 80 for $12. Purchasing Connects can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Wendilyn P Member Since: Oct 15, 2020
47 of 99

Hi good day!

I check my settings and can't find membership plan. What will I do to get my connects or to buy a connects for paypal?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
48 of 99

Hi Wendilyn,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can assist you further. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Siya A Member Since: Jun 18, 2018
49 of 99
i m also new
Highlighted
50 of 99

Hi Siya,

Welcome to Upwork. You will need to complete your application and submit it for a review, our team will finish the review in up to 24 hours and contact you with the results. To learn more about getting started on Upwork check out this thread. Thank you!

Untitled