🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to get first job on Upwork?
Page options
roni_87
Community Member

How to get first job on Upwork?

Hi Friends,

Please help someone,

It's been almost 2 months since I opened an account at Upwork. I have applied for 50+ jobs. Only 1 client responded. Moreover, no other client has responded and so far no job has been found. I want someone experienced to look at my profile, point out my mistakes.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
b89c92c0
Community Member

me too! I have been a member of Upwork for a long time, but even though I have submitted many proposals in my profession and I have a complete portfolio, work experience and profile, I also have a low bid price, but they still do not even pay attention to my offer!
What should we do?!

My connections are almost over but no project received!
Is it possible to visit my profile and recount its problems?

Thanks and Regards.

Hi Nikolo, (The same solution will work for you)

I came across your post and I will solve your issue as it past i did.  

Your profile is great.

First thing is that Polish your profile too much like add Projects to Project catalogue and add intro video. Next thing is focus on writing best proposal everytime. Never do copy paste or use tempelate. 

Try everytime a new proposal. Here are some Tips.

1. Try to greet clients by name like Hi, John, Angelina etc.

2. Show your skills in just a few words, not much lengthy.

2. Read the job posting much carefully and make sure it meets ur skills and you understood it before applying

3. Talk about clients need, use his kewords, use his language as he wrote because it boosts ur proposal to reach the top. 

4. Ask a question if u can, like "Can we start an interview?" 

5. You aren't reading carefully as u read my point # 2. two times but didn't notice(Haha)

6. Get interviewed and Thank me later. Go Green. 

dd63c576
Community Member

Hi Roni, 

I came across your post and I will solve your issue as it past i did. 

First thing is that Polish your profile too much like add Projects to Project catalogue and add intro video. Next thing is focus on writing best proposal everytime. Never do copy paste or use tempelate. 

Try everytime a new proposal. Here are some Tips.

1. Try to greet clients by name like Hi, John, Angelina etc.

2. Show your skills in just a few words, not much lengthy.

2. Read the job posting much carefully and make sure it meets ur skills and you understood it before applying

3. Talk about clients need, use his kewords, use his language as he wrote because it boosts ur proposal to reach the top. 

4. Ask a question if u can, like "Can we start an interview?" 

5. Attach an example of your past work.

6. You aren't reading carefully as u read my point # 2. two times but didn't notice(Haha)

7. Get interviewed and Thank me later. Go Green. 

roni_87
Community Member

Thanks for your valuable tips.
If I follow these tips, will I get a 100% job?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths