armink97

How to get hired?

Hello, I am a complete newbie. I am currently in between multiple interviews and the clients are telling me to start writing right away?
I have previously worked on other platforms so a bit confused. Isnt there any hire button? 

Or place order button? Or should I just start writing?

Any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
katrinabeaver

@Nizhum K wrote:

Hello, I am a complete newbie. I am currently in between multiple interviews and the clients are telling me to start writing right away?
I have previously worked on other platforms so a bit confused. Isnt there any hire button? 

Or place order button? Or should I just start writing?

Any help would be appreciated

Yes, the client needs to send you an offer, and then you have to accept that offer. Do not work on anything until the job appears under your "My Jobs" tab. If it is a fixed price project, do not work on it until escrow is fully funded. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
cowerssimon

The client needs to set up a contract, send you an offer which you will then accept before starting any work. Don't get played. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nizhum,

As others have already noted you need to have an active contract under your My Jobs tab before you start working for a client. You can ask the clients to send you an offer and share this help article with them for more information on how to do it if they are new.

~ Valeria
Upwork