🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to get more clients
Page options
aidasalehi
Community Member

How to get more clients

Hi there. I am new to upwork and I have submitted over 25 proposal but only have received 3 jobs. I saw that writing an appropriate cover letter is important but it seems to not work. Does it take a while at first? I have over 7 years in graphic design experience. Let me know if you have any tips or tricks! Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pudingstudio
Community Member

Aida S wrote:

Hi there. I am new to upwork and I have submitted over 25 proposal but only have received 3 jobs. I saw that writing an appropriate cover letter is important but it seems to not work. Does it take a while at first? I have over 7 years in graphic design experience. Let me know if you have any tips or tricks! Thank you

Takes a while at first.
Takes a while even after that.

Jobs are not guaranteed; freelancers are expected to make much effort (same as anyone else in any type of work).
There is no winning formula which works for all.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pudingstudio
Community Member

Aida S wrote:

Takes a while at first.
Takes a while even after that.

Jobs are not guaranteed; freelancers are expected to make much effort (same as anyone else in any type of work).
There is no winning formula which works for all.

agile_khan
Community Member

Hi Aida,

You are doing great stuff so far. Your average of getting jobs are excellent but you will need to focus on the job delivery with 100% quality and client satisfaction.

Please follow the 10 basic points for success in Upwork/freelancer.

1. First of all, complete your profile, add your skills and expertise and target the Local or Asian/Middle East clients.

2. Add the portfolio of your previous projects.

3. Make your profile Public.

4. Then make a proposal template.

5. Before applying, please go thru the client's profile, his/her hourly per hour budget, his feedback and also his/her name so that you can start like this Dear John, Dear Diana and etc.

6. Then in your proposal must add a similar project that the client is asking or referring or any similar project or sample.

7. Don't forget to update your proposal before applying for a new job.

8. Check your grammar, spelling and phrases of the proposal.

9. Must attach your complete portfolio PDF file in every project.

10. Press the Submit button..

Please don't hesitate to contact me for further discussion, thank you

Regards,

Abdullah Khan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths