🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to get more job offer.
Page options
raju_091
Community Member

How to get more job offer.

Is there any chance to get more response if I apply low price?

5 REPLIES 5
armandocamero
Community Member

It is a valid strategy in any market or industry; however, if I was you I'd be picking many cheap but fair jobs in order to get a JSS

versailles
Community Member

Mohammad K wrote:

Is there any chance to get more response if I apply low price?

If you cannot compete on skills, because you don't feel skilled enough, then you can still try to compete on price. But since there are tons of unskilled people fighting for the cheapest clients, undercutting each other, you will need to go very low. Very, very, low. At some point actually, you guys you will end up paying the clients to hire you.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Thanks for your response. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there any chance to get more response if I apply low price?"

Maybe.

It depends on the job, and it depends on the client.

What many new Upwork freelancers do not understand is that the majority of Upwork clients are NOT trying to get something done at the lowest price possible.

The majority of Upwork clients want real work done, and what they appreciate is VALUE.

Value does not mean "low cost."

Value means that the client obtains appreciable quality and productivity relative to the cost paid. Many clients will intentionally ignore low-ball bids from freelancers because they know that what they obtain from such freelancers will be of no value to them. They may pay very little for it, but they will simply need throw it away.

But it really depends on the category of work, and it depends on the project.

There are types of work where paying low rates is quite sufficient to obtain the results needed. And there are types of work where a client looks for the highest-paid freelancers he can afford.

Sometimes this is very disappointing! I have applied for 72 jobs and the client asked for interview 9 times. I won 3 jobs and 2 are pipeline. Is this ok? It's ridiculous client budget $100 people apply for just $5. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths