🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to get refunded connect
Page options
gurungraju28
Community Member

How to get refunded connect

Hi

I'm a new Upwork user. I sent a proposal in Upwork but still did not get hired. Please let me know how to refunded mine connects.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raju Gurung,

Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

Please, see this article for more information.

I would recommend that you check out these articles to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raju Gurung,

Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

Please, see this article for more information.

I would recommend that you check out these articles to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

In this case, how do I get the connections back?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Raju Gurung,

A job is canceled either by our team in case it's in violation of Upwork ToS or by the client if they don't want to proceed with it. A job expires after 30 days of inactivity but clients are still able to review proposals and hire freelancers after the mentioned time frame. Hope this helps clarify the difference between the two.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Bojan,

Does every month provide a connect Upwork user from Upwork?

Dear Bojan,

Does every month provide a connect Upwork user from Upwork?

Hi Raju,

Freelancers were moved to paid connects only. This means that freelancers on our Basic plan won't be receiving free connects anymore. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Kindly clarify further. I submitted a proposal, there was a message saying if I don't get hired the connects will be refunded. Now the job is closed and moved to my archived proposals but no connect was refunded.

Secondly, I have several proposals pending with no response, can you confirm if my profile is OK or faulty somewhere. Thanks.

Hi Kabir,

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Please note that Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Additionally, there is a new test in which Connects are returned on contracts that don't hire anyone and have gone dormant. You can check the official announcement in this Community thread.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Kabir A wrote:

Hi,

Kindly clarify further. I submitted a proposal, there was a message saying if I don't get hired the connects will be refunded. Now the job is closed and moved to my archived proposals but no connect was refunded.

Secondly, I have several proposals pending with no response, can you confirm if my profile is OK or faulty somewhere. Thanks.

You misunderstood. Some job posts are marked that connects are refunded if the client does not hire ANYBODY. If somebody else is hired, this does not apply, obviously. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths