cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ho to get the first job for a newly registered freelancer

Madhawa U Member Since: Jan 14, 2017
1 of 10

Hi,

For a newcomer who registered in upwork freshly the success rate is 0%. Then most of the people will look for the freelancers with a good success rate.

Is this directly effecting for new comers who have good design skills to get the first job in upwork?

How to get the first job for a newcomer who have no previous jobs in upwork, with other freelancers who registered before? Any tips would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Claudia B Member Since: Jan 12, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

For a newcomer who registered to upwork freshly the success rate is 0%. Then most of the people will look for the freelancers with a good success rate.

If your overview and portfolio are good enough, you will be hired though. Don't worry.

Noor S Member Since: Jul 13, 2018
3 of 10

i really love upwork and want to job here thnku

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 10

re: "i really want to a job thnku"

Noor: That is not how this works.

Noor S Member Since: Jul 13, 2018
5 of 10

tell me how can i get my job plzzz

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 10

Hi Noor,

Please, complete your profile and submit it for a review. If it's accepted, you'll be able to send proposals to jobs on Upwork. For help getting started, check out this great guide. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 10

First, judging by your samples, you should not call yourself a graphic designer. Second, your English is not fluent. Third, you need to post a real photo of yourself, not one of a stolen cartoon character.

To summarize - your profile needs a lot of work.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 10

Madhawa,

When you have fixed your profile photograph (avatars for freelancers are against Upwork's Terms of Service), you should read all the help pages and watch the how-to-start videos and Upwork's ToS before looking for jobs on Upwork,. You could start here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/bd-p/New_to_Upwork

As to a JSS, you do not need one to begin with. You do need to be able to write a convincing proposal letter, and Upwork has plenty of help pages on this. 

Madhawa U Member Since: Jan 14, 2017
9 of 10

Hi,

Thank you for the valueable information. 

One more thing to know, Is there any connection to payment method creation for getting the jobs?  Could I rstill receive the jobs as a freelancer, if I haven't created the payment method?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 10

re: "Could I rstill receive the jobs as a freelancer, if I haven't created the payment method?"

Yes.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS